BatWing '89 / 1:32 / Ing. Spendlik

Hi to all,
after closing JetBike project it is time to come out with my current sci-fi project. My next model will be representing BatWing from motion picture Batman (1989, director Tim Burton, in role of Batman - Micheal Keaton). 3D model is nearly finished - there are few things which have to be done to start unfolding - interior, rear part and the biggest amount of work will be consumed by main 1mm cardboard skeleton.

Batwing_seat01.jpg

Batwing_above01.png

Batwing_seat03.jpg

BatWing_20121012_03.png

Batwing_seat04.jpg

Stay tuned for more happy days! :)

Ing. Spendlik

Z

Zathros

Wow, the words I want to use won't make it pass the filter but it was something like "Holy Sh*t, Batman"!! :)

DanBKing

Dan the Man
Dammit..... Why did I get into this hobby........??

Why, oh why ?????? :cry:

There is so much talent in this hobby....

And, when I see your talented design and forthcoming model of the BatWing........ That is a good example of why!!!!

Is it in the download section yet ????? sign1

Me Love It..... :thumb:

Me want one...!!!! :mrgreen:

MilanX3

Really impressive...I think the only other 89' Batwings out there are from a plastic kit, I think by Polar Lights in a scale I cannot recall and there is a 1:50 Hot Wheels die cast Batwing that came out in a set recently. It looks like you made this out of blueprints however, it is remarkable and the detail is better than anything currently out there...Cheers!

Z

Zathros

Did you do this in Rhino? It is an excellent render. I am just curious, also, any more news? You caught everyone's eye with this beauty! :)

Hi to all,
thank you all for your kind words, really appreciate that.

There are few plastic models available, but I am not owner of any of these. My main source of sizes and shapes are the blueprints (you can see them on renders), two or three videos on youtube, my personal collection of Batman original DVDs :) and lot´s of pictures from around the web (from photos of highly detailed collector´s models to photos of WIP plastic models). I have also found some fan pictures of BatWing on Deviant Art.

Zathros: Yes, it is Rhino and RhinoRender. No other render plugins were used (such as V-Ray, Brazil or something else). I was really surprised how good this render engine is - the trick is in usage of light and render settings. For paper modeling, this render engine is perfect :)

Today no updates - nothing new, I can work on the model only during evenings and nights and during weekends - so you have to be patient.
Ing. Spendlik

Z

Zathros

Hi to all,
thank you all for your kind words, really appreciate that.

There are few plastic models available, but I am not owner of any of these. My main source of sizes and shapes are the blueprints (you can see them on renders), two or three videos on youtube, my personal collection of Batman original DVDs :) and lot´s of pictures from around the web (from photos of highly detailed collector´s models to photos of WIP plastic models). I have also found some fan pictures of BatWing on Deviant Art.

Zathros: Yes, it is Rhino and RhinoRender. No other render plugins were used (such as V-Ray, Brazil or something else). I was really surprised how good this render engine is - the trick is in usage of light and render settings. For paper modeling, this render engine is perfect :)

Today no updates - nothing new, I can work on the model only during evenings and nights and during weekends - so you have to be patient.
Ing. Spendlik

I thought it was Rhino. I too have been noticing how well Rhino Renders lately. The more I use this program, the more I realize it has capabilities that are just waiting to be discovered. That said, and knowing what it took to produce your model, Fantastic design workmanship and design! :)

homolka1138

batwing

I believe the one that Skoda is showing is the Hot Toys/sideshow version. The plastic version was I believe was AMT Ertleannounce1