Battlestar Galactica Raptor

Status
Not open for further replies.

silveroxide

You are welcome. The canopy was a B.... rhymes with witch. Used the plastic wrapping from a light bulb and folded the edges and tried to keep that tell tale bulge.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
As always my friend, this build is nothing less ten TOP NOTCH!!!
Again, you have done an absolutely AMAZING job on this model.
I greatly enjoy viewing your build threads. Not only are they very educational, but they are also very inspirational as well.
I have learned a great deal about this very wonderful hobby from people like yourself.

On a side note, are you going to design your own version of the Raptor (with the interior of course)?

Keep up the GREAT work.

silveroxide

Rhaven Black: Thanks for the comment. as to my own Raptor, I got a heavy table in front of me at the moment. I do not think I will make my raptor version. Even though that attack version is enticing but too many fiddly parts.

Istvan: If you do it straight from the plans, you can do it in one day. If you decide to upgrade it with interiors and other raised panels, it will take you a while. At least more than a couple of days.

Adama (Husker): Good to hear from you now and then. Thank you for your comments. See you around in the forums.

silveroxide

Wacek80 and smoolie671: Thanks for the comments. I am glad that you have enjoyed the build thread. If only one person is satisfied then all the work was worth it. See you around in the forums.

silveroxide

Bsg

Nice build...I made the Jaybat model but deff never realized the potential of adding the interior and cockpit.

One of the things about Jaybats models, is that they lend themselves to be enhanced. I did the same with the vipers. The trick is to search for information. The only thing about the Raptor, is that after the interior was made and almost finished, I found the detailed photo of the interior. The same for the vipers, I found more detailed photos after it was finished, but overall I was satisfied with the results.:wave::wave::wave:

smoolie671

Get this! I have one of those high powered industrial type fans. So on a whim yesterday I took my Jaybats raptor and put it in front of the fan. The thing lept out of my hand and appeared to float for a second before the nose came up and flipped over backwards. I think with the correct amount of weight in the nose it could be made to glide. Perhaps one could enlarge the model and use a micro rc setup on it.

silveroxide

Anything can be made to glide or fly. for example look at the gliding brick (Space shuttle). The Ch-47 is not suppose to fly, it just beats the force of gravity until it does. The C-119 Boxcar can barely get off the tarmac but it does and look at the bumble-bee with those tiny wings, like the CH-47 it also beats the air into submission and flies. So why not the Raptor!

Status
Not open for further replies.