Status
Not open for further replies.

stagecoach

Aug 24, 2006
New Hampshire
johns-shipyard.tripod.com
trying to get back in the groove

Hi Gearz,
I'v had a lot of problems with not saving files, not writing down email addresses and a lot of other stupid mistakes. like not saving any Graphics.:cry:
But you know I learned my lesson:idea: and I have been saving my stuff on cd/rw disks. I am also looking into getting another harddrive to save all my papercraft stuff on.:roll: That way I will have something to fall back on if it happens again.
I won't need for you to send them graphics back but, If you don't mind sending me the model prints so I can enjoy also, that would be greatly appreciated. use my personal email address to send.
thank you,
John

doc_harvey

Mar 14, 2005
Minneapolis, MN
virb.com
ummm...just went through the file that you PM'd to me and alas, all that it has are the directions, the nameplates and one section of the ship (?engine module)...guess I didn't get the whole enchilada:(

kcpstudio

Oct 23, 2006
www.kenneyscustomprops.com
Greetings... just wanted to say how much I've enjoyed following this thread. I have the beta galactica with no graphics finished and I look forward to the completed model. If there is any updates with graphics, I would appreciate anyone sending them to my email address. Thanks

Gearz

Mar 13, 2006
OZ
Yep its been a fun project, if drawn out a little to long. The final release is in the hands of the beta builders, for a quick grooming. Just as a time filler, here's a few pix of the bitmaps.

From your suggestions ~ reworked the engines, this is the new version, there's also a deep blue variation as an option " ya gota have options"

Attachments

• final1.jpg
    final1.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 559

Gearz

Mar 13, 2006
OZ
The engine module ducting (top) ~ ?? could be to complex

Attachments

• final2.jpg
    final2.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 557

Gearz

Mar 13, 2006
OZ
And of course the little guy on last page of the assembly guide..

Attachments

• final4.jpg
    final4.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 552
E

ekuth

Stop teasing us!

Hurry up, beta builders! I want my Battlestar! :grin:

Gearz

Mar 13, 2006
OZ
Thanks for all the comments ( well...at least the ones that didn't threaten violence..lol), but you can all give yourselves a pat on the back, if it wasn't for Doc's request and assitance, Steve's building and design assistance, THEN all your suggestions, encouragement and assistance, it wouldn't have progressed this far. Collaboration might be a slow way to develop a model, then again, I recon its far more enjoyable. Many heads etc. lets hope actually building it, isn't an anti climax..

An adverb enhancing a adjective ~The Galactica is fracken beautiful..

~ Jaybats, *sigh* to true !! Just plain lucky the Galactica has such extensive photographic coverage.

~ ekuth * the poultices are working out fine , there shouldn't be TO much scaring.

Well almost time for sand, sun and bikini's .... ( looking at... not wearing!)

This is Gearz, last surviving texture-er of the Galactica,. Signing off.

Ooow..no.. wrong show.. Have to save that one for a Nostromo / Narcissus

:roll:

Gearz

Mar 13, 2006
OZ
wwwwoooooo... all of a sudden its not such a appealing project...I'll just go and have a shower with my clothes on, and we shall never speak of this again!!... lol

well...:roll:

It IS an interesting vessel... might be worth further speculation... later on..
:)

E

ekuth

No, no, what you *really* want to do next is the Rodger Young from Starship Troopers...

right?
huh?
right? :grin:

sjsquirrel

Feb 9, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
stevebondy.ca
Status report

Just so you all know I'm not sittin on my laurels up here in winter land, I'm presently redoing the bridge module. The first time I built it I got that buckling around the nose again also. I've reprinted the bridge module and am experimenting with an additional former and different build sequence to see if it helps.

Gearz/Doc, each time I've made parts 9a and 9b they don't go together quite flat. There seems to be a very slight misfit along the forward edges. Doc, is it just me, or did you notice this as well?

I should be able to post pictures of the finished bridge module tuesday or Wednesday. I lost a few days trying to put together a birthday party for my wife (her 40th). It was last night and we all had a blast, but definite fuzziness of perception today.

TTFN

Status
Not open for further replies.