Battlestar Galactica models?

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

w.holzinger

Thank you very very much, Gearz!

Today in Germany it is Nikolaus day (a kind of Santa Claus) where good children get some little presents. Well, i got my present, too.
Again, thanks a lot! Best regards, Wolfgang

sjsquirrel

Finished Engine

I've finished the engine module (finally). Pictures can be found in the gallery here:
Top View
Top Rear
Bottom view
Bottom Rear

As I mentioned earlier the main engine body went together without troubles, just take your time. The duct work also requires that you take your time. Many parts don't have tabs for attaching the part to the main body. You may want to add these when you cut them out.

Also some of the parts don't have tabs for assembly where it would be helpful to have them. I've highlighted the location of examples of both cases in the image below. Hope these help with your builds.

SJ

parts18-ann.jpg

CJTK1701

Banned
This is one of the nicest paper models I've seen. I've seen this for awhile and just now got the opportunity to thank you.

This is a really nice piece of work.

I too would like to put my request in for the new BSG, or Pasasi.

Kjev

Is there anywhere I can find a paper model of the Galactica?

I'm also looking for a model of the Zentraedi Officer's Pod.

I'm new here, so please excuse me if I'm posting these in the wrong place.

sjsquirrel

Final build notes

Well gang,

I'm finally wrapping up my build of the Galactica (still the final beta rather than the release version). The mid section went together without trouble as Doc reported in his build. The only note I have to add is that I think you should glue part F1 into place on the bridge module before you attach the bridge module to the mid section.

I'll be posting my final build picture shortly to the free model contest (http://www.cardmodels.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5427). I was hoping to build something else for the contest but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

Anyway, that's probably the last of my comments for this model. It's been a great experience being involved in this project from the beginning, watching (and helping) a model evolve out of the digital world and into the physical one.

Hope you all enjoy building your ships (or fleets).

TTFN

murphyaa

Designer
I just got back from 6 months working for Chip at Fiddlersgreen and had to shelve all my other projects. I am glad somebody did the Big G, and she is a beautiful model. Lots better than where I was heading. BTW, I am going to redesign the Viper using new skills I've aquired from Chip, does anybody have any suggestions for the new improved version?

Aaron Murphy

doc_harvey

The only real problem I had with your Viper model was with the wings. I eventually had to just laminate cardboard to the inside of each wing to make it come out flat and even. Aside from that, it was a really fun build. I cut out the window sections and glued some shiny, black cardstock inside and the canopy looks awesome. I also had loads if fun building the Landram.

E

ekuth

If you shoot a PM to Gearz, I'm sure he's still got it. If that fails, I can post it in the thread here if he gives permission.

E

ekuth

If you shoot a PM to Gearz, I'm sure he's still got it. If that fails, I can post it in the thread here if he gives permission.

Status
Not open for further replies.