Battlestar Galactica and Buck Rogers Props

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Revell-Fan, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan Co-Administrator Administrator

Hello, folks!

This thread deals with all the various props used in BSG and Buck Rogers television series from 1978 - 1981. The originals were created by Apogee and Universal Hartland's prop department. You may use the props to decorate your own BSG or Buck costume or to enhance your prop collection at home. It is a little "after-work-thread" which I will update from time to time when I need a break from my other projects. I will post the plans here when they are ready. You are free to use them in any non-commercial way, and feel free to adapt them to make them look more authentic (weathering with chalk dust, layering etc.). All I ask you is to show some pictures of your builds here. If you have any trouble or suggestions, please let me know, too. Other builders are cordially invited to join me! :wave:
    Rhaven Blaack likes this.
  2. Revell-Fan

Count Iblis' medal

The first in the line is Count Iblis' medal as seen in the episode "War Of The Gods", one of the finest shows ever. It is a very easy kit consisting of three parts (front, back, side), so you don't need to be the Devil to assemble it. I estimated the size of the medal by 8,5 cm / 3,3" , so it should be about 1:1 scale (more or less).

Attached Files:

3. Revell-Fan

Colonial Cubits and Orion Checks

Here comes some paper money (!) for your next gambling party. BTW, I created the texture myself and did not take it from a picture of the original props. You may cut the flaps a bit larger and adapt the kit by making several copies and laminating the front and back sides to cardstock, glue the raised elements on and then put the outer rim on. I wonder how a whole pile o'them would look... :twisted:

Attached Files:

4. Revell-Fan

Solinite Charges

The common explosives used in the series. Use only to destroy a Cylon gun, garrison or fuel depot. Other usages are not approved, such as tying it to your cat's tail.

Attached Files:

5. Revell-Fan

Adama's microphone

Used for speeches to the fleet on Unicom and log entries by Commander Adama. And yes, it does look like a converted drinking glass.

Attached Files:

6. Revell-Fan

7. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

As always, you have done an OUTSTANDING job. These props look AMAZING!!!

I am sure, if someone really wanted to, they could make Adama's microphone a working microphone.
  8. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

All we need now are the Pyramid playing cards, then we can have a good poker game :thumb: (just do not let Starbuck know, otherwise, we would all lose everything ;-)).
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  9. MTK

MTK Active Member

Nice work, very nice work all around. Well done and thank you.:thumb:
  10. ekuth

ekuth Guest

Dammit, how am I missing these?!?!

Awesome, and stickied. We're gonna need a BSG subforum soon, I think...
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2014
  11. OB10

OB10 New Member

Those look pretty cool, but I can't open them up. I've tried WinRar and 7-Zip and get "Archive Broken" or "Unsupported compression method" messages.
  12. Revell-Fan

Checked it: Please try to download with Firefox, files downloaded with Internet Explorer are corrupt. I hope this helps; if not, PM me and I'll send you the files.
  13. Revell-Fan

You are welcome! And thank you very much for for stickying! :thumb:
  14. vaderman1701

vaderman1701 New Member

I love the Colonial Helmet. I definitely want to build one of those.
  15. MTK

MTK Active Member

Someone needs to work this issue out. I have the same issue with some of the other downloads around here and that's part of the reason for me doing new BSG models that have already been done. Can't someone get the .pdo's and pdf's that are corrupt and zip them again?:confused:
  16. Revell-Fan

I checked all *.zips I have uploaded here. When I download them with Internet Explorer, the files get corrupt. When I use Mozilla Firefow, they are OK. I really don't know why.
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  17. MTK

MTK Active Member

I don't get it either. If I ever get my site where I'm happy with it, I'd be glad to host some of the top models that draw the most clicks remotely.
    I know how frustrating it is to see a model that's up for free and be unable to get a good copy of it.
  18. ekuth

ekuth Guest

Guys;

I've been looking into the downloads problem and it does the same for me... for whatever reason IE is corrupting the files.

I've contacted our tech support person at Crowdgather and let him know what's going on.

While the fix is in the works, I suggest using Chrome or Firefox to download any files. It may be ponderous, but at least it works!

Chris

ps: FINISH THE BLASTER ALREADY!!!! :mrgreen:
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2014
  19. MTK

MTK Active Member

Cool beans. Good looking out.:thumb:
  20. Revell-Fan

Revision of Solinite Charge #2 and Cubits

Thank you, ekuth.

New refs show that my Solinite Charge #2 is a bit too big and the Cubits and Checks are a bit too small. Here are the revised versions. Please discard the previous ones. I'm sorry for this, but I think it is better to update things than to keep wrong plans alive. CU!:wave:

Attached Files: