Battlestar Cutter

Keptin Barnes

Namaste all.

Here is a model I have just finished. It's a kitbash of a, well... as the title says, a fast-attack cutter.
This ship is called Argo.

It's small--compared to a destroyer--and quick. It's shuttlebay is located in one of the notched sections. It carries a no fighters but has fifteen shuttlecraft. Ten of which are armed for ground assault and support of Colonial Marines.

On to the pics;
Bottom
Bow
Aft
Port
Starboard
Upper Port
Upper Starboard
Starboard Bow
Port Aft
Starboard Aft
Shuttlebay

This ship may or may not be a part of my fan-fiction. I haven't decided yet. So far I have a surviving Battlestar, light battlestar, a destroyer and a corvette.
I am not certain if I should have another small fast military vessel survive along with my 125 civilian ships. :)

Please enjoy.
aussie

wildman

a little extra help

you have 4 military ships to protect 125 civilian ones?
of course a couple extra defence ships would be in order.
wildman

Keptin Barnes

Well, considering the TOS Galactica is the only military ship that is protecting 220+ civilian ships, I'd say my survivor fleet is making out much better since they planned things a bit better. sign1

Essentially, I don't agree that one battlestar is the only naval vessel that would have survived a star-spanning navy. Plus, I believe that a battlestar fleet would consist of the battlestar plus many smaller support ships.
Much like the Carrier Groups in the US Navy today.
The only other difference would be the inclusion of a battleship as well as a battlestar (aircraft carrier).

So, my books have a battlestar, a light battlestar (my own design), a destroyer (looks like the 'Valiant' from an earlier posting here), and a corvette (which I haven't finished building yet).
So having this cutter added to my fleet might be a good idea. It's smaller and not overly powerful. So it would still make the survivor fleet seem vulnerable, yet powerful.

Thanks for your comment. I appreciate it.
Cheers aussie