Battleship Bismarck

Scorpio

Mar 21, 2004
Germany / Aachen
www.Kartonist.de
Hello Jim,

I thought that to her would laugh if you see something like that.
This my first attempt airplane is to be built.

I am always enthusiastically from pictures our colleagues here presented already have. I am so gladly here and I look the masterpieces
The airplanes of Ron and other colleagues are simply a class!
The ship of Barry is a premium work, nicely and clean.
I am glad that I has got to know you.

Here still a few photos of Arado 196 before the airplane hall and on the catapult.

With the best greetings
Scorpio

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Arado 196

Apart from this being one of my favourite aircraft and having built a couple of 1/400 scale from Zio which are wonderful designs themselves, that is awesome if it was not for your fingers in the photo I would have said it was 1/48.

barry

ps Cogratulations on your double success picture of the week on both this site and Kartonwork.

pozdrawiam Scorpio

Gil

Jan 25, 2004
Northern Bear Flag Republic
Scorpio,

Wunderbar! You have reached printer resolution limits..., Seeing the Arado 196 in context AND with folded wings is almost too much..., Congratulations!

Best regards, Gil

philippe

Feb 27, 2004
bretagne france
it's your fingers? your eyes?,sorry but you are a ET , it's wonderfull, bravo!
i thing that you use superfine cutter like chirgurical material on a glasswood wordboard to have this hightprecision cut?

J

Jim Nunn

Scorpio

I wish you would make a mistake you are making me feel very inferior. All kidding aside your Bismarck is drop dead incredible.

Jim Nunn

Scorpio

Mar 21, 2004
Germany / Aachen
www.Kartonist.de
Hi, Jim, I does to a lot of mistakes, how every person. You do not need itself as subordinated by me feel, we are all model farmer, sometimes we do not do some property, manschmall, is in to our field.

Greeting
Scorpio

Scorpio

Mar 21, 2004
Germany / Aachen
www.Kartonist.de
Hello,

Rivets plastically emphasize from Saburo

I lay the part on a glass of disc with printed side down and under the disc I put a light streams. Then with pencil I sign who put where they rivet are pressed.
Then I press them rivets from. Importantly is present which may the untermatt one, be too soft not and not be too hard. I take always 1 mm gray cardboard. For small rivets I take dull needle and for big rivets I use a Japanese ball writing implement type "PILOT".

Scorpio

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
Outstanding tip, Scorpio!!
We are very lucky to have someone like you contributing to this site, sharing your tips and techniques and setting a standard of excellence that challenges us to do better with each model.
I can not thank you enough!
Thank you!! :D
Well, at least it's a start. :wink:
Jim

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
years and years ago I saw something similar in Aeromodeler using cog wheels from clocks to make evenly spaced rivet marks on planes.

amazing what you forget

barry

bwallaw

Nov 26, 2005
Seattle, WA
Great idea!

I've also seen pounce wheels used for the same effect. They are fairly easy to find, but I doubt the spines will line up well with printed rivets.

Thanks for sharing your skill and creativity Scorpio.