BattleField 2142 - L-5 Riesig

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by blaar, Jan 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blaar

blaar Member

I want to try and make a paper model of this walker (mech). Any one know if there is such a paper model or not. Will hate to make it and then there is already one available. Already started work on a model I found at the Sketchup Warehouse and redrawn the whole model trying to lower the amount of faces used and also splitting the parts into a buildable solution. Just need to add some knee caps and then the texturing sweetshop.

Any comments ?

Looking at it I think the shoulders are a bit to wide and the machinegun barrels to short.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. armorbimbo

armorbimbo Member

You also depended too much on that 2nd image for scaling, because it's kinda fish-eyed and screws up the proportions. Let me know if you need any ingame shots to help tweak the scale of things....
  3. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Definitely looking forward to this model. The body looks like it should be a little taller though.
  4. davitch

davitch Member

Narrow the shoulders and make the gun barrels a bit longer. The feet may not allow the paper model to stand, but you won't know that until you have a build.
  5. think-floyd

think-floyd Member

6. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

I'm pretty sure that is the model he used.
  7. think-floyd

think-floyd Member

Hehe, thanks for highlighting my obvious inability to read the initial post Paragon sign1 I think I must have just looked at the pictures and reply comments without seeing Blaar's explanation at all haha.. :rolleyes:

I can't remember if I've taken screenshots from bf2142 before, but i will certainly try to get you a few angles and detail shots if you would like Blaar. Let me know if you need any, I'll be glad to help.
  8. Hot4Darmat

Hot4Darmat Member

I love this mech and am definitely looking forward to building a paper version. I took about a ba-jillion screenies of the "tiger" tank from that game wanting to make a paper model of it too, but never got around to it. Is there a sketchup model of it, available to work from?
  9. blaar

blaar Member

10. blaar

blaar Member

Can any one please post me a side , back , front and top and perhaps a 3D ingame shot of the Riesig.

I re-done the torso part and want to start texturing it now. I think it looks way better now. The barrels might be a bastich to build.

Attached Files:

11. Soaring

Soaring Middle School Student

I can get you those shots since I play the game. However, you'll have to wait till tomorrow. :) However, it might be difficult to get them if I'm not spectating. Since, some servers don't enable that feature.
  12. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

13. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

i have the actual game mesh if it will help you. i was planning on doing it.but it would be awhile before i tackled it. i also have the texture file for it.
  14. seth crofton

seth crofton Member

wow..definte yes if you need beta builders. loved the nose art on the pics steve o
  15. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Original game mesh...mean you can export from game? if yes...how? :thumb:
  16. blaar

blaar Member

I also managed to get it into 3DS Max but I have no clue how Max works nor can I aven apply the skin.........also I saw when importing there are two or three meshes over each other. I just gave up there and wimped out..........lol

@ nothing :

If yo plan to do the Riesig then please do so..........I think any 1 can do a better job than I do since I totally suck at 3D modeling. :mrgreen:
  17. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

18. Vortex_4200

Vortex_4200 Member

That is a cool looking mech.... kinda like the ED209- on steroids sign1
  19. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

what are you using to model? i can extract a single mesh and convert to 3ds with the uv s in tact. you can open it in meta and still use the uv maps.
  20. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.