Batman&Robin Batmobile Design WIP

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
So keeping with a theme(more like latest obsession :D ), I started modelling the Batmobile from Batman & Robin the other day.

BATMOBILE111.jpg

Image2a.jpg

The plan for this one is another large scale build much like my Arkham car, probably 1:6 scale again since I want to add the lights to it. :) I also want to texture this one and offer it up here on a smaller scale.

I know not many Bat-fans liked this car and compared it to Las Vegas on wheels, but I loved it and preferred it over the Forever car.

Not a heck of a lot to show just yet as it's a tricky car to model. To me anyway. LOL!

Image1.jpg

Image2.jpg

Image3.jpg

Anyway, thanks for looking. I'll post updates as I have them. :)

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
I'm with you on the movie itself mate. I'm not a fan of it at all! But I liked the car. :D

Nosports

Sep 10, 2004
Nice think to go.....

I remembe one pic in the cartoon....

Batman & Robin get to work; Batman said "Robin get the Batmobile". The ovious answer of Robin "at once, but which one ?" And in th background are a mountain of batmobiles.

I think this is the only picture with all different Batmobiles at once...

Unfortunately i don't remembe which cartoon it was....

Z

Zathros

If the movies followed the comic books and had scenes like the above one, that would be one heckuva movie! They never do though.

Robin's car is a little....Robinesque? Needs a makeover for sure!

Robinmobile_01.jpg

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Yeah, can't say I'm keen on that design mate. LOL! :D

More done on the car yesterday. Those wing fins took a long time to get right. I think they still need tweaking?

Image6-2.jpg

paulhbell

Sep 23, 2009
Great work skip. Lets hope when it's finished and you test it outside, that it's not a windy day. Those fins on the rear are likely to act like sails. You will have to get them exactly straight as well, if you get one of them offline, it could act like a rudder, causing the car to slew to the side. I know what I saying might sound a bit silly, but these nitro cars travel at upwards of 40MPH, thats a lot of wind.

Z

Zathros

I always considered these Alfa Romeo B.A.T. cars (Berliner Aerodynamica Technica) cars to be the first BAT cars!! Pretty cool, especially for the 1950's!! These cars would test the limits of paper unfortunately, unless one went with a lot of filler, etc. :)

1954_AlfaRomeo_BAT72.jpg

bertone_bat_5_manu-01.jpg

1955_Bertone_Alfa-Romeo_BAT-9_09.jpg

Alfa_Romeo_BAT_7_1954_CIT0021_IT2009.JPG

Alfa-Romeo-BAT-turquoise-front.jpg

Alfa-Romeo-BAT-red.jpg

Master-Bruce

Aug 15, 2007
Good point Paul. Though I'm not sure if this one will get RC treatment? But those fins are angled so as they sweep back, they come close to meeting eachother.

Image7.jpg

Z

Zathros

Either way, those fins will have the effect of making the front end lighter because of the drag the create. The will slow the car down. They look cool but for a moving vehicle, I might even make removable, to judge the difference.