BAR work/tool car

absnut

Oct 18, 2002
Maine
Visit site
Going through some old photos, I stumbled across a series I had taken at the Bangor and Aroostook RR's Seasport (Maine) yard. It was an old baggage car (circa 1903 or thereabouts) being used as some sort of work car. Looking at the photos, I decided I had to have one so, after finding suitable material with which to work, I bashed a tool car that, while not an exact model, captures the spirit of the thing.

Dick

The original:

Attachments

• barmow02.jpg
    barmow02.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 120

Clerk

Nov 6, 2002
Esparto, California
Visit site
My first post must have went to Mars. Here is my second one.

I can use one of those. My train had to stop short to keep from running into some bison and the stove tiped over burning a hole in the top and side. (Soldering iron) lol

belg

Apr 28, 2001
New Jersey USA
Visit site
Dick that looks like a very weathered car Oh that's the point then it's perfect! I see your also a kato trackman I was wondering if you had any problems with the height between some of your track sections I've had to sand some of them to get them smooth. The lighter the cars the more problems I had with uncoupling only twice so far has a car come of the track (you can tell I newer just by that statement)

absnut

Oct 18, 2002
Maine
Visit site
Thanks for the Kudos, Guys! It really was a fun and easy bash. The prime ingredients were two MDC "shorty". old time baggage cars, plus truss rods and trucks left over from previous bashes of MDC 50 footers to 63 footers, and a few odds'n'ends from the junk box.

Belg, about 1/4 of my layout is Unitrack. My next layout will be 100% Unitrack. I have not had any problems with mine after about 12 years of usage, so I don't know what to tell you except, when fastening your Unitrack to the layout, use a glue of some sort and not nails.

Dick

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Looks great Dick! A really sweet addition and I can't believe how quickly you built it. Seems like one night on the chat you mentioned you were going to build this car for your next project and the very next night you had it done!!!
Amazing.

cheers
Val