Bandwidth Problems?

Mountain Man

For the past three days, it has become progressively harder to get this site to load properly. Is anyone else experiencing difficulties?

steamhead

None here either. I do notice if I log in very early in the morning, it runs quite a bit faster, than say, at 7:00 PM....

RonP

Member of the WMRC
None here either. I do notice if I log in very early in the morning, it runs quite a bit faster, than say, at 7:00 PM....

Thats a major factor and applies to nearly everyone. What time did you come on ?

Also my thought, would it be just this site ? We know that ISP's are being loaded by unnecessary evils.

Mountain Man

Actually, the problem is with this site. Internet Explorer has no problem because it is structured to allow pop-ups freely, but Firefox is structured to prevent them entirely if possible. If not possible, Firefox's default to block the site itself.

FiatFan

Actually, the problem is with this site. Internet Explorer has no problem because it is structured to allow pop-ups freely, but Firefox is structured to prevent them entirely if possible. If not possible, Firefox's default to block the site itself.

I hate to disagree with you but Firefox loads this and just about every other site very quickly. And yes, I have Adblock Plus.

Tom

ezdays

Out AZ way
I use Firefox. I've got popups blocked, I've got ads blocked and anything else that Firefox offers to block, yet I don't have problems accessing this site. I don't think Firefox will block an entire site if it can't block the popups or ads there, it just goes ahead anyway.

I am also a Firefox user, and I, too, have had no problems loading this or any other site. It seems that, occasionally, there is a problem with one site or another, whatever browser you use; but it is usually temporary and goes away eventually. If the problem persists, perhaps you should contact your ISP.

RonP

Member of the WMRC
Me as well, I use firefox on linux and windows. I'd say it could be your ISP.

We aren't saying you are wrong though. You could ask your ISP's support to check it out.

Mountain Man

I hate to disagree with you but Firefox loads this and just about every other site very quickly. And yes, I have Adblock Plus.

Tom

No, it doesn't. I have tested both on this site, and then spoken to the Firefox folks about it. They confirmed my opinion by running their own test.

i wasn't merely stating an opinion.

Russ Bellinis

I loaded Firefox on my computer after having IE just lock up and force a reboot every few posts on this site. I've since had no problems with this site. The funny thing is that the web site for the car club I belong to, won't log in from Firefox. Other club members use Fire Fox, but if I try to log in there with Fire Fox, it just erases my user name and password, as soon as I tell it to log in. I use IE on the car club site and Fire Fox for almost everything else. The exception is that I have no clue how to post a link with Fire Fox, so if I want to post a link here, I open IE and make posts from there that I put links in.

RonP

Member of the WMRC
I loaded Firefox on my computer after having IE just lock up and force a reboot every few posts on this site. I've since had no problems with this site. The funny thing is that the web site for the car club I belong to, won't log in from Firefox. Other club members use Fire Fox, but if I try to log in there with Fire Fox, it just erases my user name and password, as soon as I tell it to log in. I use IE on the car club site and Fire Fox for almost everything else. The exception is that I have no clue how to post a link with Fire Fox, so if I want to post a link here, I open IE and make posts from there that I put links in.

Looks like a candidate for a working linux as apposed to broken windows.

boppa

No, it doesn't. I have tested both on this site, and then spoken to the Firefox folks about it. They confirmed my opinion by running their own test.

i wasn't merely stating an opinion.

looks at screen

Zealot Hobby Forum-Reply To Topic-Mozilla Firefox

Well I THOUGHT i was using firefox- but apparently i'm not

:cry:

works fine on all 5 computerers here and all the others i use- firefox or opera exclusively (i wont let that abomination of a internet destroyer near the net)