micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
She who must be obeyed has already wrapped it and put it under the tree... :-(

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
@micahrogers Since this is your thread, you can pick up again and take where you want to. I would like to see how this will turn out!

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Sounds good to me. What a lot of decals. I'd paint the model , the decals always look better on painted models, especially if they are clear, or satin finished over. ;)

micahrogers

Staff member
Sounds good to me. What a lot of decals. I'd paint the model , the decals always look better on painted models, especially if they are clear, or satin finished over. ;)
The Bandai kits give you the option of peel and stick, or warterslide for the decals. Istarted with the tiney little 1/144th X-Wing.DSCN0565.JPG DSCN0566.JPG DSCN0568.JPG DSCN0569.JPG
The flash washed out the detail, I started assembling the S-Foils, then realized I forgot to paint them...

micahrogers

Staff member
At this point I decided to change the color scheme and do Blue Leader, as seen in Rogue One, instead of Red Leader supplied in the decals.
so I opted to use the peel and stick markings, and recolored the stickers with paints.

The results while not perfect are acceptable to me at this point.
DSCN0584.JPG DSCN0585.JPG DSCN0586.JPG

micahrogers

Staff member
I hated the way that the sticker looked on the cockpit and glass so I removed the sticker and painted it... over all a cute little X-Wing. DSCN0600.JPG DSCN0594.JPG DSCN0596.JPG DSCN0602.JPG DSCN0603.JPG

All of 3 inches wide and a tad over 4 inches long.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Excellent job. Really nice workmanship, Thanks for the build thread, this will look good in your forum Gallery. ;)