Ballast coming along

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Yep, after getting all excited about my easy ballast method I decided I didn't like the colour (cinders) as it would make for too abrupt a transition between ballast and ground.

Talking to Alex in chat, he suggested using the colour I really wanted, and with that in mind I got re-energized to get back to it.

Here's a first progress shot.

:D Val

Attachments

• ballast.jpg
    ballast.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 204

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
And here's a closer look at the junk pile which you can just barely see in the top left of the first photo. I'm adding to it gradually as I find things that look good.

Val

Attachments

• junk.jpg
    junk.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 200

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Looks good Val but you shouldn't feel concerned about abrupt transition from ballast to ground as if you look at the real world, you can often see that ballast is a very different colour compared to the ground.

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Cool! Looking good! As for a carefully placed junk pile....:)
Seriously, the care you take in finding "good junk" will really enhance the scene!
Ralph

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Val,
Looks real good to me, colour looks okay as well. Nice photo:thumb:
Shamus

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Thanks a lot folks. I'm so glad I finally got over my indecision regarding colour. As I mentioned in the "Most Challenging" thread, for me one of the biggest hurdles is simply making up my mind. Once I've done that, getting the work done is the easy part!

:rolleyes: Val

yellowlynn

Jul 7, 2001
Whitehouse, Tx USA
Visit site
"for me one of the biggest hurdles is simply making up my mind. Once I've done that, getting the work done is the easy part!"

That's all well and good for you, Val. Making up my mind is like making up a bed with no sheets or blankets.

Lynn

b28_82

Jan 25, 2004
Midwest City, OK
www.geocities.com
Originally posted by Matthyro
Looks good Val but you shouldn't feel concerned about abrupt transition from ballast to ground as if you look at the real world, you can often see that ballast is a very different colour compared to the ground.

Going off that..... Heres what mine looks like...

Attachments

• 640x480 ballast contrast copy.jpg
    640x480 ballast contrast copy.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 102