Bait and tackle shop

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Bill,
In reponse to your post on Bear river merchantile, I stated there were not many bait and tackle shops.
Ozzies bait and tackle, in Copiague, N.Y. was on the south side of Merrick road in Copiague, where I grew up. It didn't look like this,(I have no photos),but I spent a lot of time, and money,
there. I guess I also threw a lot of that "money" into the Atlantic, every time my surf casting reel would backlash, and the line would part.
This model sits right up against the skyboard, and the only way to take the picture was to remove the skyboard. You can see the edge of the next module's board to the right of the picture.
The original building was a gas station in plastic.
Pete

Attachments

• ozzies.jpg
    ozzies.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 181
C

Catt

Hey Pete, I can tell ya how neat this little building is and hit my 500th post at the Gauge at the same time.:D :D

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
I can almost smell the cut bait and bait shrimp!!!:D Down here it would be worms and crickets!:D :D GREAT MODEL!!!...just goes to show what just a little bit of imagination can do with a stock plastic model..........GREAT!!!!

Bill Pontin

Oct 14, 2001
Milford, CT
Visit site
Pete that's terrific! love the setting scenics. Are you using the WS green filter floss for your trees? Your trees are so nice light and airy, something I have been striving to do.

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Bill,
If the green filter floss you refer to is the W.S. "polyfiber", yes.
I take a small pinch, and expand the ---- out of it. W.S. "coarse turf" is then sifted over the polyfiber after it has been sprayed with Testors glosscoat. I use the glosscoat, because it is lightweight, clear, and doesn't go milky after three or four applications.
Pete