Bad News

Wyomingite

Mar 16, 2002
Wyoming USA
Visit site
Just recieved a news flash from Atlas that the undecorated and Sugar Pine Shays have been delayed again. Seems the ones they recieved were below Atlas standards so were not sent out. They expect the delay to be at least forty five days. My hat goes off to Atlas for making them up to there standards and not sending them out. I been waiting a long time for my two Shays and have been disappointed in the long wait but I would rather have two good ones then two bad ones.

Ron :thumb: :thumb: :wave:

Brewer

Jan 19, 2005
The Atlas Shays are very nice, indeed. It has to be frustrating to deal with a wait like that. If you wanted undecorated, perhaps a quick shot of black from the airbrush on the tender might do the trick?

I have the Crown Willamette Paper shay, but the "official" story is that it was purchased for the logging line used and they didn't give a rip about repainting it since it was the only loco running that stretch of track anyhoo...

There you go. Two marginal solutions for free. Guess you get what you pay for!

:D

C

Catt

Being a moderator does have its rewards :D The picture that Waldbahner was found on the web and he couldn't remember where.

Well Catt to the rescue (melodic drumroll please :D ) The picture was taken by Dan Crowly on his own layout.When I asked about the pic this is what he said.

"No problem. I figure anything posted to the web is public domain. I am flattered if someone found it worthy to post."

If you are the moderator a credit would be welcome but not necessary.

Thanks

Dan

Well as I said I am the moderator (one of two actually)and it is a pleasure to give Dan credit for the pic of his Shay.