Bad day a Wal-Mart

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
I mentioned in another thread that I had just been at Wal-Mart earlier today. About two hours after we left that store, someone drove by and shot two employees that were collecting carts in the parking lot. Neither one made it. Store survailence cameras picked out the shooter's car and they were able to trace it and arrest him a few hours later. The man appeared to be in his 50's and so far as they know, had no connection to the store or any employees. A very tragic day, a sensless act, and our hearts go out to the two young men and their families.

There were many witnesses all of whom were really shaken up, so I guess we were fortunate to have left the store when we did.

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
A wanten wast, and this is the world we live in, but it is almost the same the world over, wanten wast of life through the acts of terrorist madmen ect ect.. what happened to this world anyway??/. try to have a good one ..steve

zedob

Dec 26, 2004
Chicopee, MA
EZ,

I saw that on the news last night. Craziness. Kinda hit home, seeing that you were at THAT particular WM.

glad to see you are ok.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
N Gauger said:
I saw that too - was going to PM you - to see if you lived near that one...

Bad day is right :( :( Sick people :(
Well, we have a WM just down the street from us. This store is actually close to ten miles from our house., but we were already out shopping and we like this one better, besides, it was on the way home. It is very near a major shopping center and a Costco. Why did he pick this one spot to do what he did?

If you've read the story, you know that they were just boys, 18 and 19. We probably passed one of them as they were collecting carts when we were going into the store. Who was to know that some kook was going to do what he did just a few hours later. So far there is no real reason for this act, but you know that some lawyer will defend him and there will be a trial and he may get off scott-free because I'm sure the defense will be insanity, from which he will have a rapid recovery. That's the American way.

The shooter lives in an area that is close to where another shooting occured a few years ago. A disgruntled homeowner went into a HOA meeting and started shooting. He was sentenced just last week for two counts of murder. I think there were several others that were injured during his shooting spree.

I am all for the right to bear arms, it's in our Constitution. Why is it though that so many people think they need to carry guns with them everywhere they go? Especially the ones with the short tempers that will shoot at people for the smallest of reasons. Do they need it for protection, does it make them feel more superior, in control, or is it just because they want to take their ill-conceived values out on the streets? There is far too much "road rage", drive-bys and random acts of violence, as appears to be in this case. It seems to be happening all too often, not just here, but all over the world.

Dave Flinn

Dec 26, 2000
Lansing, NY USA
www.lehighvalleyrr.com
I heard the news report on the radio this morning; but it always hits closer to home when someone you "know" is close to the scene. It does seem that the crazies are taking over; but let's try to be optimistic and do our best to get them out of circulation.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Turns out that this guy shot an 18 year old boy, just out of high school and working to go to college and a 36 year old father of two who was working two jobs to support his family. No one knows why this guy did what he did, if they do, they aren't saying. The guy was a loner and appears to be deranged. A senseless act, a random act, one that resulted in many more victims if you count family and friends. No one in their right mind would do such a thing.

N

nachoman

that's terrible. Absolutely terrible, that you could be just doing your job or walking down the street and someone may shoot you for no reason. I lost a friend in a very similar incident about 10 years ago. He was 20 at the time.

kevin

Pitchwife

Dreamer
Apr 23, 2001
The middle of nowhere Oregon
Visit site
I have no doubt that there is Evil in the world that induces ordinary people to commit sensless acts of violence. It seems that these days more and more people seem to be succeptable to it. Acts like this and too many others make that all too clear. I will not be suprised when the shooters neighbors describe him as a "normal" person.
My condolences go out to all of the victims of this, not just the ones who were shot, but their families and friends, the witnesses, and the entire community effected by this heinous act.