Backdrop sky colors

Gary S.

Am doing a backdrop, would like to have blue up top fading to hazy gray/white at the bottom, does anyone have any particular colors to recommend? I will be using latex paint, will have it mixed up at the Home Depot, so any brand name color chip color is what I am looking for.

Would probably get 2 colors, the blue up top, the hazy white at the bottom, and then mix them and blend them together to make the transition.

It dawns on me that I have gotten a lot of info from you folks around here, and I haven't given much back, but one of these days when I have some more experience, I will do my part to return the favors!

Thanks!

Gary S.

Thank you sir. I'll be doing some paint shopping tomorrow. I also googled "painting blue skies" and found some interesting techniques and advice.

I have just the thing for you. My wife and I did our blue sky backdrop a few weeks ago. We purchase a gallon of light blue and a gallon of white flat latex. We made 5 different shades up and brush horizontal stripes about 4' long by 1' wide. After she brushed a thick wet coat on, I would take a sponge roller, dry, and blend the variations and remove the brush marks. You to work quickly, but it does work out nice. Darker on top, down to almost whitesh on the bottom!

I know I am late with the response, but I just saw it today. Also, the photo doesn't show the variations too well. If you are interested, I can provide the Dunn-Edwards colors. But, start with a lighter blue than you think you need...

Here's a photo:

Attachments

• Sky2.jpg
    Sky2.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 36