Back On Track!!!!

LarryGarrett

Dec 10, 2002
Kansas City, Missouri
Visit site
Sorry to be gone for so long. I had a natural (?) disaster strike the region that The Kansas City Southern & Strum Mountain Joint Agency is laying track in. Seems the surveyors and geologists, when they did their initial feasibility report, did not notice the water pipe (duh) that ran over the landscape. Anyway, one night, there was a great deluge of rain upon the territory in question. Lots of flooding in the Strum Valley vicinity. To be truthful, the lakes and streams looked better than anything I'll likely ever make...lol. Anyway, the track was fine. It did not get wet. Thank God for EZ Track and it's tall bedding. I'd say I had about 25% of the track down, and no switches on the table at that time. Why I removed the 4 switches already down a few days earlier, I'll never know, but THANK GOD. The primary damage was the foam landscape and base. It all got very wet and crumbly, plus much of my detail painting had been done with water soluble paints....lol....and who says "these colors don't run"?...lol

However, I have started over (last week). Moved the 8X16 table to a dryer climate and am now working on the layout again. Fortunately, no rolling stock was on the track. The night before I had my Rivarossi Challenger on the track, all set-up with sound....damn, that would have been a disaster....whewwwwww. The only thing worse than losing that engine would be if my wife found out how much I paid for it....lol....Anyway, I'm back on track, and hopefully in a few weeks I'll be able to tell you guys, "come along and ride this train."
:D :D :D

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Sorry to hear about the damage Larry. Any of it covered by insurance? I have a big sump pump in my basement and the amount of water it pumps out is amazing. Without it my layout would be sunk.

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
Northern Rivers NSW Australia
I know the feeling, Larry.

Noah went sailing past my layout a cuppla months ago when the washing machine hose burst in the laundry which was right above the layout, and was going for days. I was away at the time. :mad:

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
Hi Larry I see Murphys law got you to:(
Glad you are back on track.
I have a tap that turns on the out side water RIGHT ABOVE A SECTION OF MY L/O. A few seasons ago It sprung a leak.
I was as quick as a spring chicken I got an empty ice cream bucket under it:D :D :D and hung it by the handel while I got my tools:D 3/4 full and the handel gave way:(
Not a pretty site watching a grown man cry:rolleyes: