Back in the saddle again! Yeeeee Hawwwwwwww

KCS

Nov 23, 2004
Shreveport, LA.
Wow. It's been a good while sense I've been on the Gauge and I see a lot of changes have been made. Last time I was on here was ight before we headed down for the Houston show last summer I believe? Anywho, I've made a lot of changes myself. I got a new job that pays very well working on Barksdale Air Force Base in Bossier City, Louisiana running a "bat wing" (fold down 20' bush hog) I love it. Best job I've had yet. On other new's, I've moved from Stonewall, Louisiana to the North side of Shreveport where I'm only about 4 miles away from the KCS Deramus yard. When I get fully settled in I will start taking lot's of pictures out there as time allows. Now I'm starting to pay off my debt for all the money I spent at the Houston show sense I've been way behind. At least I have more trains!:D More to come.

I used to love watchin' those B-52s coming in low over Hiway 80. Yer just almost makin'
me miss Louisiana... sure had some good times there... but only almost :D :D :D

I'm glad things are going good for ya! Bob's killin' me with the Yankee jokes... I came
out of Boston, MA originally... I still love New England, but for short periods :wave: :wave: :rolleyes:

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
(Just a quick aside) I'd like to take this time to remind members that avatars and signatures are opportunities for members to express their individuality. We have a couple of creative examples above that reflect different opinions and use some humor to make their points. It is possible that some members may dislike the opinion or attitude expressed by some members' avatars or signature quotes or pictures. I ask that we be tolerant of each other's differences and recognise that model railroading appeals to a broad range of folks who will have varied political and social views. Please do keep avatars and signatures within the bounds of good taste and within our family-friendly "G" rating in mind. Thanks for being mindful of each other's right to express themselves and for being respectful of each other. The real "meat" of each post is the post itself, the avatar and signature are just a little bit of dressing to let other memers know a bit more about ourselves.
(I now return this post to its original intent...welcome back KCS!)
Ralph

MilesWestern

Sep 20, 2005
CA
protopaintwest.googlepages.com
:) he he...I think cidchases' avatar, and the quick creativity which I believe is based off of Shaygetz similar icon with Mr. Darwin seems like a more current topic for a similar joke, but we don't want any of them "Flame-Wars" on our docile forum, remember, we're not the MR or atlas forums for that reason!

Remember: In the 1800's Railroads controlled politics! :D

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
MilesWestern said:
:) he he...I think cidchases' avatar, and the quick creativity which I believe is based off of Shaygetz similar icon with Mr. Darwin ...

You go, Miles:thumb: That actually is a copy of one of the original political cartoons of Charles Darwin being mocked by the newspapers of the day for his theory.

Cid...what have you done to poor Mister Darwin?:cry: :rolleyes: :D