back at the gauge

scoobyloven

Jan 13, 2002
zeeland michigan
Visit site
well guys i am back after a leave i had to take some time off for my son. we had to take him out of state for pre surgery testing and while we where gone he had a b-day and got alot of good gifts from dr's and other pepole a local hobby shop gave my son a box of train stuff in o scale i put it together around his room and he loves it the dr's hated it looking down at their feet everytime they came into the room for they didn't hit it. the morning we came home the hospital set up a small trip for us me and my son where able to go and drive a set of gp 38-2 's in the local yard that brought back some good times an they gave him a jacket from the compeny and made him a conductor (for the ones who would like to know it was norfolk and southern). well guys time to get to work on my layout after i get up to date on here..

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hiya Scooby old friend, who's the little one doing.?
I am sure everyone at the gauge would like to know.
Glad also that you can make some time for the railroad.
cheers
Shamus

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Hi Scooby,
hope the test showed good results. And I think it's great that your son even got some fun out of the situation. All the best for him!
Keep us informed about him, willya?

Ron

scoobyloven

Jan 13, 2002
zeeland michigan
Visit site
well guys the test went good . and he is doing very good i took him out yesterday with me while i was getting some fine tuneing on my bowling game we had him up on the lane to bowl a game in his wheelchair and he bowled a 122 with help pushing the ball down the ramp. we are going back out to philly the frist week of jan to meet with the surgery dr's we know it is no cure for what he has but it is hope. as for what he has it is called "canavan's diesease" and we are taking alot of pics i must have around 200-300 of just him and still hiting a wall when it comes to do a foundraiser for him but on another note i was contacted bye another family that had a good web site for canavan's and some hacker got on their and done some very bad things. but all is good and he is doing very well waiting for the snow to go sleding

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
Thanks

Hi Scoobyloven, We thank you for the update, and would really like to see a picture of your son, If that is O K with you and of course the lad.
As we Hold your family up in Prayer, it is good to see him in our thoughts.

So glad the test are promissing my friend.
Our thoughts and Love and Prayers go out to you.

Peirce

Dec 28, 2000
Southbury, CT, USA
www.geocities.com
Welcome both you and your son back on board. He is a beartiful youngster. It is gratifying to hear the hospital and NS have gone out of their way for him. These extra happy moments can be as good a therapy the medications. As long as he has good things like that to look forward to, he'll have the will to fight the disease.

Good luck and God bless both of you.