Bachmann Engines

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
:wave: Hi All, I have a question about Bachmann Engines.

Im on their web site and Iv'e never looked at there engines before and I saw that thier engines are much less expensive.

Can somebody please tell me why this is? The description says it even comes with DDC on Board?? What is that, is it like DCC ready? Maybe these engines are dummies?

I am so confused :confused:, someone please help me!!

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
I should have said some of their engines. I got to the SD45-2 and the DASH 8-40cw and there a lot more than the one's listed before.

Now what about the one's that are $60 and under? They say DCC on Board, again what does that mean?

I saw some that were $35 to $40. Are those dummy engines? Those did not say DCC on Board.

Any Help Welcome

Thanks

mr. bubbles

Jun 28, 2006
NH
i've been told that bachmann engines arnet as good quality as atlas or proto 2000 and some of the other bigger brands. i mostly run athearn and proto 2000, my uncle runs atlas and kato mostley. so i stick with those.

wickman

Dec 8, 2005
Ontario canada
:wave: I have 4 of the backmann with the bachmann dcc on board and they seem fine there the EMD GP35 canadian Pacific. I also have a dozen bachmann steamers that I can't really say I've tried yet.
I think perhaps the bachmann engines decoders aren't the best of quality but are adaquete. Are the engines your looking at equiped with sound or just a plain decoder?

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Wow I never knew about trainworld. They have the Bachmann Spectrum Dash 8-40CW for $69.99 and they are $160.00 on Bachmann's Web site.

:thumb: THANK-YOU wickman, I will have to search trainworlds web site and see what I can find.

wickman

Dec 8, 2005
Ontario canada
sometimes your better to look for the engine you want then as long as its dcc ready you can spend 20 bucks for a half decent decoder or go all the way and install a soundtraxx qtsunami This site has the best prices I've ever found for decoders and all the other dcc goodies I've made all my dcc purchases from him http://www.litchfieldstation.com./ :wave:

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Thats what I have been kinda doing. Sure I have been looking at the one's that come with DCC AND SOUND but there way to much money for me.:cry: I'll stick to DCC Ready and DCC equipted for now. The sound can come later if I want it, Which I sure I will. :D

Thanks for that DCC web site. I'll check it out after that trainworld web site.

Thanks for your help wickman.:thumb:

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
You didnt say where you got it, ebay, a dealer, on line dealer???

You just paid to much.

Shop around, it pays.

The are good engine s and run a long while, there are better of course and cheaper.

I dont see paying $300 plus for an HO engine that is why I have HO and not so much O any more.

Hower ever you get what you pay for, I like Bachman and Athaern. Good quality and affordable.

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
Apr 4, 2005
Hainesport NJ
It depends wether its spectrum or not. Spectrum= best from bachmann.

some of the lower down stuff is alright, but you could probably use the money you'd spend on that locomotive on something better.

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
Apr 4, 2005
Hainesport NJ
TruckLover said:
Wow I never knew about trainworld. They have the Bachmann Spectrum Dash 8-40CW for $69.99 and they are $160.00 on Bachmann's Web site.

:thumb: THANK-YOU wickman, I will have to search trainworlds web site and see what I can find.

The spectrum shell and paint job for the Dash-8 isn't the best. I'd save for an atlas one. Recent bachmann spectrum is good, but some of the early ones could be better.

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
I have both in steamers, a o4o bachman and a Mountain type C&O 4-8-2in a Spectrum. Both are fine with me but niether has much time on them.

Tim K

Dec 30, 2005
Stoney Creek On. Canada
I purchased a pair of Bachman GP-35's a couple of months back.

I was looking for something for my two children to run and learn with that was DCC equipped and reasonably cheap.

They have logged a lot of run time (more than any other Loco's I have ) and they have performed flawlessly , one engine was a little rougher sounding out of the box than the other and the detail is not the same as an expensive Genesis or Gold series engine but they are well worth the $35.00 a peice I paid for them ..

Tim K