Bachmann DeWitt Clinton Set

I can't help you in O27, but I've had 4-5 of them, HO Bachmann, and every one died on me. It appears they get internal shorts in the motor. They look pretty on the shelf. Even sent back to B'mann, they come back, run a bit, and die. dead short inside somewhere.

Lynn

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
yellowlynn said:
I can't help you in O27, but I've had 4-5 of them, HO Bachmann, and every one died on me. It appears they get internal shorts in the motor. They look pretty on the shelf. Even sent back to B'mann, they come back, run a bit, and die. dead short inside somewhere.

Lynn
Thanks Lynn. I was looking at the HO for my daughter's set.
I may pass on that one then. I want something that looks nice but runs too. :D
Is this a common problem with Bachmann stuff or just an isolated inccident?

shaygetz

I haven't had any problems with mine...the little booger sure is cute runnin' its wheels off around my Christmas layout. I would not recommend it to novices or those unable or unwilling to tinker---they are not finger friendly and very prone to hair wrapping around the mechanism. AAAAAaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhh...did I just say, "Cute"!!!!!!!wall1

Jim Krause

One of our club members has the DeWitt Clinton set. It runs but not really well. Better as a historical shelf model I would think.

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
That's kind of a bummer. :(
It's a very unique looking little train. Thought it might be fun in a layout.
Ah, well... There are other trains out there. :D

I guess some of them have to run OK, Law of Averages, I guess. I counted back and I've had 5, including 1 back from B'mann. Maybe I screwed up someplace, but I can put leads directly to the motor and get a dead short. I thought I had narrowed it down to the motor, but maybe I need to go deeper. All 5, including the 1 I got now all quit the same way.

Lynn