Bachmann class L 4-8-4 ho decoder install?

repeters1

Pete
Jan 2, 2007
Connecticut
home.comcast.net
I have a 'brand new' older HO Bachmann Class J that was made before DCC. Has anyone installed a decoder in one of these yet? I could use some direction as to how to install one. I've only put this on a test track once when I first got it probably 8 - 10 years ago and it ran real smooth. This will be my first attempt at installing a decoder. I just won a like new Prodigy Advance system off of eBay and I'm ready to go DCC.
Any help would be appreciated.:thumb:
Thanks in advance.
Pete:cool:

repeters1

Pete
Jan 2, 2007
Connecticut
home.comcast.net
That looks close. I'll have to open up my engine to see if they are close enough to try. I found the paper work that came with the train when I bought it back in '97 and the scematic is a little different but as I said it looks close. Thanks for the URL. I already downloaded it for when I try to install the decoder. Now I need to decide on which decoder to use. I want sound and function. The search begins.
On another note, I found 5 or 6 scematics for different engines while looking for my J class papers. Some I don't even have the trains anymore.
How about having somewhere to upload these for members that may have bought an engine without schematics and may need them. We could all contribute and everyone will benefit from it.
Just a thought.