Bachmann 2-8-0

Hi Guys,

Just recieved my new Bachmann three days ago. Yesterday I got my layout cleaned off enough to test it out. Its slow like mentioned before but has a noise like a dragging chain. It pulls great but the noise can be heard over the other four engines on the layout. I'm running two Kato Mikes and a Model Power 2-8-0 plus a Concor Hudson and the Bachmann can be heard above all. It also has a slight wobble which is constant. Has anyone else had this problem. :rolleyes:

shamus

Registered Member
Hi Wyomingite, if it's that noisy and has a wobble, my advice is to take/send it back to Bachmann or where you bought it from. They are good runners and quiet, quieter than the Model Power 2-8-0. I have the 2-8-0 tender drive model and it a dream loco for the price. I also run Bachmann (Shays) and these are excellent and quiet.

Shamus

Thanks for the advice. Thats what I'm going to do as I bought it from N-Scale Supply and I have thirty days to return. If I would send it to Bachmann it would take up to seven months as I been down that road before. I love my little Model Power also and plan for another one. Right now I'm pulling my logging cars with it. Thanks again. Ron:rolleyes:

Bill Pontin

Ron purchased the same engine last week. Finally got the chance to run it on the club's modular "N" scale layout during our last train show showing. Let it run for almost an hour with a string of six heavy weight passenger cars. Excellent running with no problems, many good comments from the viewers, only wished the headlamp was brighter.

Bill P.:rolleyes:

Bachmann 280

Hi Bill,

Glad you got a good one. I never had much luck with Bachmann engines in the past. After hearing all the positive input on the new one thought I would give it a try. The bad news is N-Scale Supply where I bought it is sold out. I had to reserve one and have no idea when there expected. Your sure right about the headlight being dull. I blackened my tunnel and you can barely see it going thru. My Kato mikes you can see a mile off.

Ron:rolleyes: