Bachman warranty service - good?

mistressmotorsp

Jan 31, 2007
SoCal
I ordered a Bachman loco (N scale 4-8-2) that was DOA. The retailer sent me another in exchange. It lasted 30 secs, then also went DOA. The retailer is great and offerred to refund my money, but I would really like a loco that works for more than half a minute. Rather than continuing to make the USPS rich, I thought I might try sending the unit to Bachman.

Does anyone have good or bad things to say about their warranty service? Are they timely? Do they actually do a good job fixing things?

Thanks for any help.

Mike

C

Catt

While I personally have no experience with Bachmann's warenty service I have never ever heard anything but rave revues about how good it is.

I would certainly contact them about the unit then send it to them for repair or replacement.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
"used it 3 times now" :) NEVER had a better Customer Service Center in my life!!!! They go out of their way to MAKE you feel satisfied about the complaint, error, broken part.. etc...

I would, and have, recommended them to anyone that needed help :D

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
I've heard that they will repair or replace any product returned to them within a year of purchase, at no charge.

I've used them once on a G scale loco and tender that was probably ten years old. For stuff that's that old, they charge a flat rate for the repair, plus parts, but when it was all over with, the applied the flat service charge to the cost of the parts and that's all I paid for was the parts, and they even replaced some parts that they didn't charge me for. They paid for the return shipping as well. When I called them to see how things were going, they treated me like I was an old friend. I wish all manufactures treated their customers like this. First class people all the way.

mistressmotorsp

Jan 31, 2007
SoCal
That's great to hear, thanks all. I think I will give them a try. I REALLY like the looks of this Southern green 4-8-2, so if they can fix it, it will be worth the hassle. Thanks again.

Mike