b&w steamer photoshop

Marxed

styled%201000.jpg

:D

i'm going to do afew more pics of this nature this week... soo check back in this thread for more!

Zman

Great shot - now try photoshopping some smoke coming out of the stack.

On second thought, nevermind. It always looks fake.

Marxed

Zman said:
Great shot - now try photoshopping some smoke coming out of the stack.

On second thought, nevermind. It always looks fake.

thanks

if you look closely, you'll see some heated steam coming out of the top.. just a quickie effect, nothing to major

i know how to make smoke that looks real, but before i put the effort in i'm going to take a good picture that will work well with it

edit: oh, i'll have to edit it soo it appears to be moving, can't have smoke flying out of a stationary train, now can we? :D

Zman

I'm anxious to see what you come up with.

I've seen some photoshop pics in Model Railroad Craftsman that had smoke "painted" in and they looked positively cheesy. I think it's probably a case of "less is more".

Marxed

Zman said:
I'm anxious to see what you come up with.

I've seen some photoshop pics in Model Railroad Craftsman that had smoke "painted" in and they looked positively cheesy. I think it's probably a case of "less is more".

yep, less allways proves better ;)

i have a good idea of how i'm going make the smoke ... i've been skimming over real photos of steam engines and i'll most likely do it tommorow night... if i get a good picture to do it to... i'm going to take pictures of the marx 666 engine, since it looks more lifelike and i think it would fit it best...

Marxed

i just took a handful of promising shots that just need photoshop to finish them off before posting!! but i ran out of time for tonight, but tommorow i promise some sweet pictures!

Marxed

here's a quicky, i was experiementing with techinques with this photo

believe it or not that train was not moving when the picture was taken!