B&O Work Train at M.P. 46

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by TomPM, May 31, 2007.

1. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

We heard the dispatcher giving orders to the B&O work train and we headed out and caught it passing Mile Post 46.

[​IMG]
    Atlas B&O RS-1

[​IMG]
    Athearn B&O Work Train Baggage Car

[​IMG]
    Athearn B&O Work Train RPO Car

[​IMG]
    Athearn B&O Work Train Gondola
  2. TomPM

[​IMG]
    A friend’s P2K Canadian Pacific Mill Gondola

[​IMG]
    Athearn B&O Work Train Flat Car

[​IMG]
    Athearn B&O Work Train Single Dome Tank Car

[​IMG]
    Athearn B&O Work Train Single Dome Tank Car
  3. TomPM

[​IMG]
    Athearn B&O Work Train 40’ Boxcar

[​IMG]
    Athearn B&O 200 Ton Crane

[​IMG]
    Athearn B&O Crane Tender/Caboose

Here is the video we caught at Mile Post 46. We then rushed ahead and caught the train at Castle Rock.

YouTube - B&O Work Train

I am trying to learn how to use the editing software that came with the camcorder.
  4. wickman

wickman Member

Tom the cars look great nice job. And the trees , the trees are simply awsome I've been attempting to replicate your trees for the past monthwall1
  5. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

GREAT ROLL-BY TOM!:up: the weathering on the cars and scenery looks SLAP FANTASTIC!:up: :mrgreen: . since i am a dial-upper:roller: , i next to NEVER check out the vids on you tube:oops: , but i took the time out to view this one Tom, GLAD I DID!:winki: :mrgreen: 2 GREAT locations, and i was REALLY impressed with the sound on that RS1:up: . Tom, was that a recoded sound, like Mark does?, or is that a sound decoder in that engine? if its a sound decoder, what brand is it? THANKS!:mrgreen: -Deano
  6. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

Hi Tom Great roll-by. Weathering is just great...!! What is that color/technique you used on that first gondola and then on the boxcar ahead of the crane.?? Just great..!! :thumb:
  7. bigsteel

bigsteel Call me Mr.Tinkertrain

WOW,tom that work train you got there is sure perty tooth1. and the scenery looks awesome too :thumb: --josh
  8. doctorwayne

doctorwayne Active Member

Great run-past, Tom. :thumb::thumb: I never get tired of seeing RS-1s, either.;-)

Wayne
  9. chessie4155

chessie4155 Active Member

Awsum runby Tom: Excellent scenery and weathering and my favorite road too!:thumb:
  10. cnw1961

cnw1961 Member

Your work train is awesome, Tom, and your scenery does’t fall behind. I love that crane – is it from Bachmann?
  11. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

all i can say is WOW and I LOVE IT!!!!!! :thumb: :mrgreen: :thumb: :mrgreen: :thumb: :thumb: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :thumb:
  12. TomPM

Thanks everyone!

You are not going to believe this but there is no decoder installed.:eek: I am running straight DCC. No recorded sound either. The noise you hear is the whine of the Atlas motor at slow speed and the general chaos that was going on in the background (TV upstairs, water running, dryer running, etc..).:mrgreen:
  13. TomPM

Lynn the trees are Woodland Scenic kits. I used WS tree armtures and WS clump foilage attached with a super tacky white glue. After they dry I mist them with a water and white glue solution and sometimes sprinkle a little turf on them.

I add the plastic trees first and then fill in between them with WS clump foilage, foilage, and fine leaf foilage. Once everything is in place I mist everything with the water and white glue mixture.

Follow the link to see photos of what I use: Scenery Supplies - RailImages.com
  14. TomPM

I dry brushed Folk Art Burnt Sienna for the rust effects. I also dry brushed Folk Art Charcoal Gray for streaks and along the bottom of the cars. I then covered them with a wash of Folk Art Charcaol Gray (1 part) and blue windsheild washer fluid (4 to 5 parts). The cars were sealed with Dullcoat.

I do what to hit them with a airbrush to add a little more dust and grime along the bottoms sometime in the future.
  15. TomPM

The crane is an Athearn blue box kit.

I nearly lost my mind stringing the boom:eek:
  16. bigsteel

bigsteel Call me Mr.Tinkertrain

you know what always amused me about MOW trains,is that its a MAINTENENCE of way yet there some of the dirtiest beatup cars on the line :mrgreen: .has anyone EVER seen a clean MOW train? :confused: ...although,toms cars just look cool all dirrtied up...:D --josh
  17. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

Tom...Thanks for the tips on weathering...Now, if you could tells us how you manage to post pictures with their captions together. I've tried every which way I know and....I do see your pics are on a website.
    Thanks again...
  18. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

Gus, I believe Tom is using the "Insert Image" Tool found in the toolbar at the top of the posting box (it has a pictue of a mountain and a yellow backround). This allows you to post pictures off of other web sites, also you can add captions directly below the picture by pressing enter a view times in between pictures when you use this method, Hope that helps :thumb: :mrgreen:
  19. TomPM

Josh is correct. I am using the Rail Images portion of the Trainboard website to host my photos. When I want to add a photo I type or copy/paste:

[###]http://www.trainboard.com/railimages/data/555/Mixed_Train_002a.jpg[/###]

(Replace ### with img)

I then type my caption as I would any other text.

So here is what my typed line would look like:
    [###]http://www.trainboard.com/railimages/data/555/Mixed_Train_002a.jpg[/###]
    Atlas B&O RS-1

The final product is:
    [​IMG]
    Atlas B&O RS-1
  20. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

Thanks...I'll give it a try next time I have a chance.

That milepost also has a character all its own... :thumb: