B-25 Alpha build

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Texman, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Alright Ray!

Here are some pics of mine:grin:

Attached Files:

2. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

and.........

Attached Files:

3. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

finally.............

Attached Files:

4. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Well I got the other wing on and a few more items........mainly this........

Attached Files:

5. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

more...........this is a picture of one of the wing/engine fairings Will did. It really makes a very smooth transition.

Attached Files:

6. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Looks great guys!

John I noticed you haven't put the reduction gearboxes in yet (meaning the front of the engines), any reason for that?

Any improvements needed or fit issues that you have found?
  7. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Will and guys, this looks fantastic! Will, will this have any interior details, and would it stand a little enlargement to 1/33 scale. I know that would be HUGE but it's keeping in scale with the rest of the airfleet. And as a bonus when the house is filled to capacity and "the other" makes the very immenent statement either they go or I go, I'll be sure to pick correctly!
  8. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Ryan specified 1/48 scale and something along the lines of Nobis models in terms of difficulty as well as a deadline (arrrrghhh save me!) so no there is no interior detail planned at this stage.

The design would lend itself to an interior but I don't think I'll be the one to do it. If someone wants to try their hand at it, try taking it up with Ryan and if he approves I'll hand over the Rhino file or maybe if the bribe is big enough I'll do it:twisted: .

As for enlarging most of the model will be alright but it could probably stand some more formers in the fuselage.
  9. RyanShort1

RyanShort1 Member

Guys,

I'm very open to further improvements and details... Later! For now, my goal is to get the model at least to a publishable point before the second week of April. This is probably the last major reunion year for the Raiders as it's their 65th anniversary and most of the guys are in their late 80s or 90s. Also, the Raiders are having their reunion in San Antonio, TX which is not only a great city, but right where I live. So, that's the incentive for me to try and have a model finished. Hope we can make it! Will's doing a great job, and I appreciate it VERY much.

Ryan
  10. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Will............ I guess I need to go through the parts again.......... I did not know I missed something:oops:

As far as fit............ no problems so far. The gun turret was a bit of worry but that's just the nature of the beast.

Alignment ticks for center line, and alignment marks on the formers are the only suggestions I have.

Are you planning to do landing gear.............or is this a flyer only for Ryan?

On the wings I cut tabs on the back edge, scored and glue up first, then fitted to your frame and it seemed to work fine for me. I wasn't sure if that was the way you wanted to glue the wings together or use a seperate joining tabs.

Like I stated earlier these were some of the best wings I've built.........as far as shape and attachments. Good job!

I can't wait to get the stabs on.............I'm going back throught the part sheets and find what I missed. Thanks!

john
  11. RyanShort1

RyanShort1 Member

I hope it has landing gear!
  12. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

I was just curious.............. this thing is flying around the house......... with out stabilizers.......... it's so cool. I would have to build two............. one to look at, one to make motor noises and dive bomb Sume!

She really doesn't like that either!:grin:
  13. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Yes it will have landing gear, the gear bays are actually on the agenda for tonight as well as the vertical stabs, and if I get to them the props as well.

John I was kinda worried when i looked at the instructions diagrams I sent cause I forgot to put the gear boxes in the final diagram but if you go back and look at the diagram that shows the front of the engine nacelle you'll see it on there.

Ryan, I don't like the way I did the oil cooler intakes do you think you could find me some better reference pics of them?
  14. Maurice

Maurice Member

15. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Awesome stuff Maurice thank you.
  16. Maurice

Maurice Member

17. RyanShort1

RyanShort1 Member

Took some pictures last night. I think that there may be a different style of intakes on the B-25Bs. Will post them in a couple of hours on break.

Ryan
  18. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Okay guys the last set of parts just went out let me know if you got them and since we're coming up on the deadline please work fast.
  19. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Got props and stabs............. will do tonight!:grin:

john
  20. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

OK............ now she really flys right.............. we got a tail! Not all I promised..........sorry. I guess I'm a little bit more tired than I thought I would be:oops:

Will I sent you a couple of emails................ gotta go........... Sume's on the bed and I have to make a bombing run:grin:

Attached Files: