AXM's SHUTTLE M.L.P Build 1/96

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by londonbluemisty, Feb 21, 2008.

1. londonbluemisty

londonbluemisty Wayne P

AHHH!!! The Expert version of the Hubble build:thumb::thumb:

As for my L.U.T,I have DM Productions LUT and Crawler transporter 1/96 purchased from E-Bay (the same as George B's build :mrgreen:)
    As for The Saturn V I will Use Ton's 1/96 unless Greelt releases the rest of his stages rescaled the same as Littlemodeler's:twisted:

Wayne
  2. littlemodeler

littlemodeler Member

Londonbluemisty,i saw somewhere in www.kartonbau.de that a guy combined greelt's saturn v and ton's. the outcome was really nice and i'm thinking of doing that for mine and slowly replacing the stages as greelt releases the rest of his saturn v. sounds like a great idea just for the time being. hope to see those 1:96 models come to life;)
  3. willygoat

willygoat Member

Wayne,
    I just saw this thread today and I'm blown away by your detail. I recently built Sir Alfonzo's STS-117 model as well. I have not done the MLP or crawler yet, but those are distant dreams. I chose the STS-117 for a slightly different reason (though I am VERY jealous that you were there for the launch). Clay Anderson, the commander of that flight, was taken up to the ISS for his 5 month stay on the Atlantis. Being from Nebraska, that meant a lot to me. As a part of a class I was taking, we got to meet Clay, and spend quite a bit of time with him. I decided to make the model for him as a token of appreciation for all of his work and support of education. He loved it, and actually signed it to give to the local air and space museum to put it in a display they have about him. Here's a picture of it.

[​IMG]
  4. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

NNNIIICCCEEE!!!

Its not everyday that one of the crew members of the mission you were building will sign your model!!!

DDDAAARRRNNN!!! I'M VERY JEALOUS!!!

hmmm... would they sign my ISS when its done? (ha!!! wishful thinking!!!) :-D
  5. Hans Christian

Whew... I sure hope I have that time to build like you do sir... the resizing effort is just super!!! :-D
  6. littlemodeler

littlemodeler Member

:eek: i'm soo jealous!!! thats awesome! i hope someday i get one of my shuttles signed:rolleyes:
  7. londonbluemisty

londonbluemisty Wayne P

Hi Littlemodeler,
    I have seen that aswell,it's GREAT!!:thumb:
    My 1/96 Saturn V LUT build is going to take a while anyway. hamr I am going to have the same detailing as George B's,
    Cable Trays/External Piping.I have fully researched the build with Plans/Photo's/Diagrams with:inw: George's help.
    So by the time I have completed the LUT and Crawler Transporter their might be something else out.:twisted:
    DM productions who designed the LUT,I think is to design a Saturn V aswell!!
    But at the moment he is designing a Saturn 1B Milkstool to go with this LUT.
    Wayne
  8. londonbluemisty

londonbluemisty Wayne P

:-o:-o:-o
    I am Jealous of you!!!
    Not only meeting Clay Anderson,but also to get him to sign your build!!
    :goldcup:

Wayne
  9. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

I wonder if he was surprised to find out it was paper..usually people react that way. :D
  10. littlemodeler

littlemodeler Member

Sir Alfonso would be proud to see his model signed by an astronaut and displayed at the local air and space museum:D
  11. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

But of course!!..

Wonder if we could find a way to build the different models and have the expedition crews and the STS crews sign that particular model. :D

We could give it to Alfonso.

It would also be great to see an astronaut take one of the shuttle models into space or the ISS model and let it go in microgravity
  12. littlemodeler

littlemodeler Member

YEAH!!!! that would be awesome! i heard of a paper airplane that they might release in space to see if it could pass through the atmosphere at a specific angle. i dunno if it could work but if they did do it and if the paper airplane survived then they have to release a paper space shuttle!!!
  13. willygoat

willygoat Member

I showed that picture to Sir Alfonso right after it happened and he was very honored. Clay also signed the cover sheet for the shuttle model. I tried to give it to Alfonso, but wouldn't you know it, he's a great guy and asked that I keep it. It's framed next to my signed litho of Clay.
  14. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

Alfonso is sucha great guy.

and where do you people keep meeting these guys? I wanna get a model signed. :D
  15. willygoat

willygoat Member

Ah the perks of being a teacher that moonlights at the local air and space museum. Actually, the class I took was for science teachers in the area. But since I worked there too, I had an in. If you really want to be bummed, Clay wasn't the only astronaut I got to hang out with (totally name dropping now). I got to meet and spend the day with Dr. James Riley, also on STS-117, and Brian Duffy, a former astronaut that now works for Lockheed-Martin. Like I said, perks of the job.
  16. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

O.O.....Holy Moses....I need to meet some astronauts and quick...!!! but I dont know how...
  17. Hans Christian

One of the Joys of being a modeler... :-D

Hey sir Wayne, after all of this, do you plan to send sir Alfonso those MLP parts that you designed so that he can put it up for download? :twisted:

whew... I wish somebody would design the Shuttle LUT for the rest of us... :twisted:
  18. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

Oh I hope he does send them to Alfonso. and I hope he can send the resized MLP pieces. It would be a great enjoyment to build such a magnificent model.

I could set it on my dresser on the hydrolic stilts. Only thing I'd have to worry about is my cat.:curse:.he gets really nosey everytime I move my models around and he just has to see what's changed.. Luckily he is scared of my ceiling fan. :lol:

Anyways, I could also try to modify the MLP into the LUT for the Saturn V and have it right next to the shuttle, with the crawler underneath. I really wouldn't want such a tall (and one side heavy) Launch Tower on 6 skinny stilts. One of those legs decides to give way towards the back..the tower wouldn't stand the fall.

SO, Londonbluemisty, If you read this..Please send the resized MLP designs please. It can really benefit everyone..
  19. londonbluemisty

londonbluemisty Wayne P

Hi to All:wave:
    If I can get permission from :inw:Sir Alfonso,I would gladly resize the MLP/Crawler Transporter 1/144 to 1/96 and make it availalble for download.
    But I do not want to Tread on his Toes,In the future he may release his MLP/Crawler Transporter at 1/100.If he plans to design a SpaceShuttle for that scale:twisted:
    My SRB pipework was scratch built using Artstraws and Bendystraws(No Files)
    As for my SSME'S designed Deck,as I said in an earlier post,it is in a very crude Adobe PDF state.
    But if you was to give me a few weeks to put it together properly then I would gladly send it to :inw:SIR Alfonso or release it myself!!

Wayne
  20. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

or you could release the SSME deck in cooperation with (can't figure out the face) Sir Alfonso

and you should ask about resizing it for him. I'm sure it'd take a bit of the workload from his shoulders. and to my knowledge, he only planned on releasing the Station pieces at 1/100. So ask as soon as you can. I'm probably going to be someplace with a large printer soon and it would be awesome to have it ready so I could print it and have it ready to build. Chances like this don't come often. :D