AXM International Space Station

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by Hans Christian, Feb 12, 2008.

1. gregmclaren

gregmclaren gregmclaren

s1/p1

Hi everybody! it's the holidays, so I've got lot of time to go on on my work!I've built the S1 truss and the P1 truss! If you have some questions, I can help you! another pictures on my blog: www.spacepaper.over-blog.com
    See you
    Greg
    [​IMG]
  2. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

3. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

Wow!!! I'ts hard to keep up with all of the updates!!! GAAAAA!!! :-D

anyway, for everyone who hasn't visited sir Alfonso's site yet, the STS-124 payload is finally online!!! YAY!!! bounce7

[​IMG]

I sure can't wait for the 1/100 MPLMs, SPDM, and SSRMS!!! I'm itching to dock Atlantis to the ISS model to attach the Airlock!!! bounce7

And to sir Greg, just as Lucas want to ask you, how did you design those parts? They are amazing!!!!
  4. gregmclaren

gregmclaren gregmclaren

hi everybody!Like the S0 truss, I've simply designed them with a rule and a pen!I took dimensions on different pictures and plans and report them on a paper sheet in the scale 1/100. There are about 150 pieces to design,to cut and to glue!I spend a lot of time to build them! I ve made some pieces with microsoft word too.
    If you are interested, I can send you plans and different picture of the S1/P1 truss!
    See you!
    Greg
    www.spacepaper.over-blog.com
  5. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

FINISHED!!! Finally finished KIBO Lab after two days of work. (Give you a guess at which part took longest.) The Hatch cover was custom made by me, just looking at the picture of the cover. This model is probably one of the best pieces of ISS Alfonso has released so far. Check out his site if you haven't seen it already. :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  6. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

COOL!!! :-D

Nice work Lucas!!! Great stuff!!! bounce7

sir Greg, you could post your plans for the trusses in the downloads section! :-D
  7. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

Nice Snug Fit?

The talent on this board is amazing well done

John John
  8. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Looks great. This is the 1/100 scale version isn't it.
  9. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

You are Correct sir, This is the wonderful model that Alfonso has generously offered for free along with Node 2 on his site, and has graciously decided to upscale for all of us to enjoy. This model is a really great build but also challenging...(but who doesn't love a good challenge?)
  10. londonbluemisty

londonbluemisty Wayne P

Great Build, Lucas:thumb::thumb:
    You are showing off :inw:Sir Alfonso's I.S.S modules to perfection:mrgreen:
    Wayne
  11. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

underwoodl06, I've built node1, destiny and node 2, but only the small version. I haven't had chance to start on the 1/100 scale version yet. I have also built the columbus module in 1/144, but as a payload bay version. So it's good to see picks of the larger version.
  12. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

Thank you very much for the kind words but I must say you are definetly putting :inw: Sir Alfonso's MLP and crawler to their greatest yet, and then another by George for his LUT. Two great crawlers for two great projects. :inw: Sir Alfonso has really helped us all out in different ways. George for the Crawler to carry his LUT, you for the MLP, Crawler and 117 Re-Rollout. and me with the ISS. Three awesome projects all thanks to :inw:Sir Alfonso
  13. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

Yes, this model is certainly a great addition to the shuttle collection many of us have. and I think this ISS will be one of the biggest pieces on our list when it is finally Complete..and it will also quite literally be one of the biggest.

If anyone has built Ton's 1/96 Saturn V, the complete Truss of the Station model will be just about as tall..so start clearing room...
  14. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

I have a 1/144 plastic model of the ISS and the truss is 670mm long and the modules from the russian segment to the end of node2 is 360mm, so the 1/144 scale model is big. I don't think I have room to build the larger version.

Edit:- and I forgot to add the arrays to the sizes.
  15. londonbluemisty

londonbluemisty Wayne P

I hope my ceiling will be large enough to hang it from :v8:
    Might have to move my light fitting to make room......:mrgreen:
  16. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Quick size guide.

The plastic model in the photo is the revell 1/144 'version' of the ISS, very inaccurate, although good as a base model. Compare the length to a 600mm/24 inch metal rule. Alfonso's 1/144 ISS model is also included in the photo.

I've stopped building the plastic kit, not accurate enough.

Attached Files:

17. londonbluemisty

londonbluemisty Wayne P

I might have to break my 1/96 scale rule for this build :nope: and stay at 1/144 due to the size jawdrop

Wayne
  18. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

Noooo...1/96 for you is a tradition...even if you have to leave the Arrays sepereate, you should keep the scale.
  19. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Yep, it'll be big. At 1/100 scale the truss will be approx 960mm/38".

Edit:-I'll get a measure of the plastic arrays tomorrow.
  20. londonbluemisty

londonbluemisty Wayne P

Does anyone know roughly what the Fully constructed I.S.S size will be at 1/96???:eek:
    I will have to get my tape measure out:oops:

P.S
    I have just purchased all of :inw:Sir Alfonso's I.S.S paypal payloads:twisted:
    It's great the Pound££ is so strong against the Dollar$$

Wayne