AXM International Space Station

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by Hans Christian, Feb 12, 2008.

1. londonbluemisty

londonbluemisty Wayne P

Hi all,:mrgreen:
    Off topic:oops: but I just sighted Discovery and the I.S.S go over in the U.K 20:02 GMT.
    They were the brightest I have ever seen them:eek:
    Back out tomorrow,another sighting of them both due at 20:28 GMT.
    Wayne

Attached Files:

2. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

All right!!! I can now change my wallpaper!!! :twisted:
  3. piginapoke

piginapoke Member

londonbluemisty

thanks for the info. I went out last night with my son and daughter and saw it fly by. Very strange experience as there was no sound of course and no flashing lights like a normal plane. We will have another look tomorrow night.

Awesome.

Robin
  4. piginapoke

piginapoke Member

Columbia STS-1 (+ mod)

Columbia STS-1 + Stack (+ mod)

For a first try I'm very impressed with myself! What is so great about Alfonso's model is that it doesn't have a ridiculous number of parts and can be put together very easily.

This model is a gift for my son and I know he would want to separate the shuttle from the stack and pretend to fly in space with just the shuttle, so I got hold of some thin magnetic strips of plastic and glued them to the shuttle/external tank interface points and to the underside of Columbia. They work a treat with just enough force to hold the shuttle to the tank for a joint display and the shuttle can be easily pulled away from the stack for (not too rough) playing with!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Check out other models of mine at http://miniskyscrapers.googlepages.com/otherpapermodels
  5. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

A very nice building, and a superb gift for a kid!!
    Very nice, Piginapoke!!
  6. Hans Christian

That's a neat trick!!! Great job sir!!! :-D
  7. dhanners

dhanners Member

8. Hans Christian

That's a neat find sir!!! :-D
  9. londonbluemisty

londonbluemisty Wayne P

Help naming module????

Hi All:mrgreen:
    Back in May 2007 I got to to the I.S.S plant at KSC.
    Looking back at my photos I need help to name one of the modules??:oops:
    Photo 1 is the Columbus Module
    Photo 2 is the Japanese Experiment Logistic Module
    Photo 3 shows Columbus:Front Left,Kibo Log. Module:Rear Left,Harmony:Rear Right,Front Right?????:curse:
    Photo 4 shows Harmony to the Rear but I do not know which module is at the front???
    It looks to small to be Kibo JEM-PM.
    Any Ideas??:twisted:

Wayne

Attached Files:

10. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

Wow...I was there in August of 2007. I Have pictures of JEM and Columbus, I didn't get a picture of Harmony unfortunately..

But anyway, I am pretty sure that is one of hte MPLMs waiting for a mission. Which one? I am not sure, the next MPLM launch after that was STS 126 with Leonardo. The closest mission before then was STS 121 with Leonardo, So I am saying Leonardo since they are the only two missions around 2007 with a MPLM.
  11. Hans Christian

Lucas is correct, that would be one of the MPLMs! :twisted:
  12. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

well

Well since we ar eon the topic

This is the ISS Processing Facility in Sept 2006

Is that Harmony in the back, becasue if it is thats pretty cool as 13 months later I was back watching that module launch :)

[​IMG]
  13. Hans Christian

Yes sir!!! That's Harmony!!! :-D
  14. londonbluemisty

londonbluemisty Wayne P

I second that,it is 'Harmony':thumb:
    You can just make out the name tag on my photo:twisted:

Wayne

Attached Files:

• gh.jpg
      gh.jpg
      File size:
      106.1 KB
      Views:
  15. Hans Christian

Hey guys, a quick update from sir Alfonso!!!

[​IMG]

new and improved CBM hatches and petals!!! :-D
  16. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

John John
  17. AXM61

AXM61 Member

Hi to all,

Yes, this is an update to the hatches. Now they will resemble like the real hardware. Few members in this group requested me to update these hatches, so I did.

Now, there is something else I need to inform to all, and it's about the dimensions.
    Those who are building the MarsCenter models can compare my modules and everybody will agree that they don't match in size. Well, it's too late for me to realize that I should've used the NASA's ISS drawings. Instead, I used other sources that gave me different measurements. An example: Most of the sources I have, show that the diameter of Nodes 1, 2 and 3 is 14 feet. When you convert 14 feet to millimeters 1:100 scale, you get 42.6 mm.
    But NASA's drawings indicate that the diameter is 44 mm.

All my NODES 1 and 2, Columbus, Destiny, Kibo and JEM logistic module are based on 42.6 mm. But the real measurement should be around 44 mm.
    That's why you see MarsCenter modules a little bigger in width compared to my models.
    Anybody who would like to comment about this feel free to do it. I accept all comments.
    I have decided to update all these modules and release them as soon as possible. I know people are saying after all this work for nothing and now more time to build them again. Well, if 2 mm don't make a difference to you, no problem. But for those who are very picky and want to have a more accurate station, will have the updated modules to do it. The trusses are OK, they will not be changed.

For me it's a big problem because it will slow my progress with other models, but that's my decision to go for the updates.

The Unity model that you all have seen in my latest release of the hatches shows a new Unity. Look close at the details and compare with the old Unity you all have. This one has accurate measurements and new hatches and it's ready for release later today.
    But first I need to hear from everybody.

Alfonso
  18. spaceboy7441

spaceboy7441 Member

I think it is awesome that you put this much work into these models. The new hatches are amazing. I had noticed it before but never bothered to ask you. You are exceeding my expectations everyday. You are the BEST and I look forward to your release of your NODE 1 today.:thumb:
  19. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

It's funny to think that about 2 years ago, JEM, Kibo, Harmony and Columbus which are now connected in space, were all sitting in the same room, practically strangers and just waiting to fulfill international goals just a couple hundred miles above the globe.

My pictures of Columbus and JEM are practically the same as Wayne's except the only difference is that the panel that is missing in his picture is on the module in my picture. I must have been there later than him in 2007. I was there only 4 days after the launch of Endeavour on STS 118. So I just missed quite a bite when I got there. But still it was amazing to see the actual pieces of the ISS infront of me.
    I wonder what will become the SSPF when the ISS is complete.
  20. spaceboy7441

spaceboy7441 Member

AXM has released the revised Unity AND Destiny!!!!:thumb:

Thanks AXM