AXM International Space Station

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by Hans Christian, Feb 12, 2008.

1. asroc

asroc New Member

Hey Everyone I just had a crazy idea, I was working on a lighthouse model and then noticing how small the beacon was in the kit, i thought what if when the time comes to put Node 3 and the Cupola to run a few Micro lights 1.5v with a small battery compartment inside the Node 3 the lights if place at certain points should light the Cupola and points on the truss.
  2. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

It would be impressive to add a small interior inside Node 3 and then a bit of detail in Cupola, especially if you had a frosted paper in two of the corners of Node 3 to simulate the long flouresent tube lights and it would help to dull the lighting aswell. Plus adding an astronaut or two as if they are working inside would be a nice touch, I plan on adding a couple of spacewalkers on my ISS when it is finished to add that sense that there will always be work both in and out of the greatest piece of engineering mankind has seen yet.

Great idea and it would be a great addition to the ISS!!
  3. piginapoke

piginapoke Member

4. asroc

asroc New Member

Hey Underwoodl, Thats something ive not thought of with the frosted paper. it would be cool to use that if someone did a cutaway of one of the modules and maybe use a clear film like the ones that are used for an aircraft in motion. I might try a test build with this using Sir Alfonso's Node and the cupola of the Mars Center, and Astronauts and Cosmonauts definatly adds that wow factor.
  5. AXM61

AXM61 Member

Guys,

I heard about the bat, so I updated the tank. It's very very tiny. Maximize it and you'll see the little rascal.
    Enjoy!
  6. piginapoke

piginapoke Member

Hi Alfonso,

It was a tongue in cheek 'request' to update the model. You didn't have to but thanks anyway. :thumb: It's a nice touch which gives it a bit of history now. I had a look and there he was, the poor little thing, a tiny creature on the massive tank.

Nobody knows if he rode the tank all the way. He would have had a better chance of surviving if he chose one of the SRBs instead!

Hope he made it!
  7. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

yup sir nice touch!!! :-D

too bad for the bat though...
  8. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

Lol, I'll be waiting to see it. I hope it turns out well. I think it would definitely be a great addition to add for those wanting a bit of extra detail, or just a module with a cutaway side on it.
  9. exzealot

exzealot Member

To all,

My son and I just watched the space station travel across the Michigan sky. It only took 3 minutes to go from horizin to horizon.

Absolutely AMAZING. It looked smooth, bright as a low-flying jet, but without the noise.

Ken
  10. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

That is cool, it is definitely something we all will want to show everyone we know just so they can actually see this marvelous piece of engineering. I saw it the other night before they had added the S6 and it looked great, but I bet that it looks brighter with a new set of wings!!!
    Take out those cameras and get pictures people!!! It is possible to catch her on film!! I have a couple but they are a bit blurry.. Only the shape is visible but I'll try to get better pictures in the future.
  11. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

While looking about on the internet, I was browsing the page covering the ISS on wikipedia. Well then I turned my attention to this small diagram showing the parts currently in orbit, parts pending launch by US and Russia. Well while I was observing it, I found something quite interesting, the Contest results for the naming of Node 3 are going to be revealed next month, but I think that the name has been planned far ahead or we have the answer to the mysterious name. ;)
    Just take a look:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:ISS_configuration_2009-03_en.svg

Should we take this diagram seriously? It was released by NASA this month. Perhaps they have leaked the answer..
  12. Hans Christian

Let's just wait for the official announcement, and our questions will be answered there :-D
  13. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

I can handle that I guess. Only a week until April and then we'll know soon after that. :D
  14. Hans Christian

yup!!!

and only a few hours until we get to see the ISS ITS completed!!! :twisted:
  15. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

You mean when they undock? Yes, that is true. :D
  16. Hans Christian

Yup and here it IS!!! Man... I've been waiting for this since high school!!!

[​IMG]
  17. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

I can't wait until my model looks like that. It is a magnificent sight with the completed ITS. Really makes it a 'flying engineering feat' I'd say. :D
  18. spaceboy7441

spaceboy7441 Member

It won't be long until our models look like this!! I feel that the trusses should be done within the next few weeks. I don't know I haven't talked to Alfonso. I am just guessing. After that most of it will be done. I have completed my Harmony, Columbus, JEM, and most of KIBO last weekend. I will finish KIBO this weekend but I won't connect them to my ISS. I want to build it in order.:thumb:

By the way anybody who doesn't know, Check out this amazing sight and forum. Most of the live coverage happens in the forum.
    http://nasaspaceflight.com.:shock:
  19. Hans Christian

Let's just wait for sir Alfonso for his announcements... the S/P-3/4 and 5 trusses are a bit more complicated than they look, since they will be an open truss-type construction, designing and test building them may take a considerable amount of time, since they look a bit flimsy but they have to bear a considerable amount of load (those SAWs are heavy, as we found out), and there's the SARJ to boot...

we will all see the model look like that later, let's just wait a bit more :-D
  20. spaceboy7441

spaceboy7441 Member

I was in know way trying to rush Alfonso.I know how much time he puts into theses. I am simply saying that he has done great work so far and at one point we will see greater work to be seen with the new trusses.:thumb: