Avro Clunk

Discussion in 'Dream Kits & Wish Lists' started by Rick Thomson, Aug 22, 2005.

1. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Lead Sled, CF-Zilch, Canuck, CF-100.

I'd love to see a decent model done of the old girl, she wasn't pretty, but she had character. I serviced her a few times during my time at Base Flight in Cold Lake, the flames produced by the Orenda 10's during a night start would really put the fear of God into you the first few times.
  2. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Lead Sled, CF-Zilch, Canuck, CF-100.

I'd love to see a decent model done of the old girl, she wasn't pretty, but she had character. I serviced her a few times during my time at Base Flight in Cold Lake, the flames produced by the Orenda 10's during a night start would really put the fear of God into you the first few times.
  3. shrike

shrike Guest

4. shrike

shrike Guest

5. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Hey Thanks Shrike!............I knew I'd seen one out there but could not find the link to give to Rick.

john
  6. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Hey Thanks Shrike!............I knew I'd seen one out there but could not find the link to give to Rick.

john
  7. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

I've got that one, but wasn't too pleased with it.

I realise that it is an obscure bird (only operated by the RCAF/CAF and the Belgium airforce, but it was for some time the only all weather interceptor that Nato had. And not a bad bit of engineering for a small country (populationwise) that had never built a fighter before.
  8. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

I've got that one, but wasn't too pleased with it.

I realise that it is an obscure bird (only operated by the RCAF/CAF and the Belgium airforce, but it was for some time the only all weather interceptor that Nato had. And not a bad bit of engineering for a small country (populationwise) that had never built a fighter before.
  9. tauxerob

tauxerob New Member

Avro Clunk - CF100

I have a paper model of this aircraft. It was published by Wilhelmshavener in November 1957, Kit #1610, at 1:50 scale. Long out of print. It is a Mark 4.
  10. tauxerob

tauxerob New Member

Avro Clunk - CF100

I have a paper model of this aircraft. It was published by Wilhelmshavener in November 1957, Kit #1610, at 1:50 scale. Long out of print. It is a Mark 4.