Available in N?

Will_annand

Nothing that I have seen csx, but if you go to Walthers site and do an advanced search for N Scale, keyword station. No guarantees, but it is a place to start.

ezdays

Out AZ way
SteamerFan said:
Edit: if you read the fine print, i think it says Braddock, MN. so maybe do some research on that city to find more info on that station.
Dunno, it could say "Braddock, PA", but funny, state abbriviations like these weren't used before around 30-40 years ago. This picture looks a lot older than that. ;)

ezdays said:
Dunno, it could say "Braddock, PA", but funny, state abbriviations like these weren't used before around 30-40 years ago. This picture looks a lot older than that. ;)
true, they were using 3 letter codes up till about the late 1970's early 80's.

and yes there is a braddock, PA, but no MN. odd though, the arcitecture looks to be of a southwestern colonial type, but in PA.

sams

i've seen a station similar to this, but not with the mexican/spanish style central walls.
if i can find it, i'll post.

station was in Braddock, Pa

Thanks for all the help. That first Heljan pic was good enough for me. As for scratchbuilding it....just because mattryo can make a Taj mahal, Eiffel Tower, or a Brooklyn bridge from a cereal box, I'm just happy on days when I don't glue my fingers together with superglue. LOL

Zooming in, it looks like it could say "B & O Station." Which is good because the B&O did run through Braddock, PA.

(BTW, the two-letter state abbreviation came into official use on 1965 but they were in common use for ages.)

Other than the masonry parapet walls, there really is little about the structure that suggests the southwest, in my opinion. These types of walls are often found in the northeast, usually in adjoining structures where they act as firewalls.

The first link to the kit at Walthers could be a good starting point, though it looks much too long. Discard the end sections of the kit. In the remaining part, cut slices along the middle section with the reverse gable & scratchbuild the masonry walls out of a thick piece of wood perhaps. Cut the half-round window in the front and hip the end roofs & you'll have the feel of that in the photo.

Wayne