Automatic train selection

hi-f

Does anyone know of a wiring diagram for a layout that can operate a number of trains sequentially, out of and returning to a large double-ended yard? Thanks. Ted on the T&OC.

TR-Flyer

Hi:
What are you running. I can scan several articles, with diagrams, for running AC powered S-Gauge stuff with auto turnouts. Flyer's turnouts can also control the power to the tracks. The articles are by Tom Jarcho and once appeared in either S-Gaugian or in the NASG newsletter.

Regards,
Ted

hi-f

I run HO, 2-rail DC. By sequential operation, I mean that trains parked in a yard leave the yard, travel around the layout at least once and then return and stop where they began. As they re-enter their storage track, a reed switch connected to relays would cut power to the first track, apply power to the next track, and align turnouts as required for the next train to start.
I suspect there might be display layouts that use this type of operation and if I could talk to those folks that set it up I could save a lot of design time. Thanks, Ted

Paul Davis

hi-f, e-mail me complete details of exactly what you want, what you have already, a track plan, etc. And I'll try and come up with something for you.