Attention Pirate Hunters!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dented Rick

Human
Mar 15, 2011
Killeen, TX
For all you Pirate Hunters out there, and for those who like me, can't stand thievery, here is a guy on Facebook selling models that are suppose to be free. he's not the designer of any of them.

DO NOT POST PIRATE ADDRESSES

Not sure if this is the right spot for this thread, but thought id make you guys aware.

Dented Rick

Human
Mar 15, 2011
Killeen, TX
THat wasn't a pirate address i posted, it was his facebook profile. I was hoping we could get him reported as the thefts are easily proven.

just trying to help (sigh)

why do i even bother

Z

Zathros

I know it was not an website , but it was access and advertising to him, and it was the same thing. You were advertising him and his wares.

No one can do anything about this kind of intellectual theft. Don't worry about it. The largest companies don't. Canon doesn't even bother. I spent two months 2 years ago to finalLy get a letter saying there was nothing they could do. If Canon Corporation cannot do anything, then nothing can be done. I tried to contact Facebook about this, but they want more information about me than they do about this guy, from Chile. If someone is stupid enough to send someone in Chile money, I hope he sends them back a download link for the model. Then, all he has done is sold the information he had. The guy is from Chile, what does this matter in the whole stream of things?

It's better not to publish these people's names. Don't give them exposure. Anyone who wants a paper model that is pirated can have one in seconds. There is nothing that can be done. I try to protect members of this site, but it cost me a lot. A real lot. I have no regrets because that forum lost far more than could ever have imagined. That is the only thing we can do. Protect the ones within this forum. Notify the persons pirating, then sit back, and hope something happens. It's frustrating but there really is nothing than can be done. I have tried more than you can imagine. Protecting UHU's models has cost me much. He made one post in that forum, and it was deleted, so I know about this. Let it go is the best advice I can suggest. Enjoy the hobby. This is a Hobby! A Hobby, of which you are a great part of. Living good is the best revenge! :)

Dented Rick

Human
Mar 15, 2011
Killeen, TX
So what your saying (and pardon the language) is "To hell with him, and take the high road"?

Works for me. Just sucks when someone gets run over, and most people just stand on the side of the road recording it with their cell phones, yanno.

Z

Zathros

"To hell with him, and take the high road", exactly, you always do anyways, you have in the time I have known you in this forum. I try to. I do get involved though, but in things that matter, I helped save 3 peoples lives in my life, the last one was 8 years ago, holding a girls head for 20 minutes as she was bleeding out, not being able to let go because she wasn't breathing when I got there (seconds after it happened) and I was able to lift her head and clear her throat, the car was crushed into a tree, and if I let go, she would have choked, there I was, at night, in a ditch, all alone, except that God was with me, and his Angels, and they took care of the rest. I held her head for 10 minutes alone, praying, and it seemed like everyone, including the Sun, came. It was a light truck and I didn't hear a thing but the whole night turned into day. It was like an Army of ants came down that ravine. I had to finally dive into the car and lay her body into the Fireman's arms. After I got her into his arms, it took them 4 hrs. to cut her out of the car. They were going to bring me to the hospital as I was covered with so much blood, they though I was in shock, (I was but was to stupid to realize it). Since I was the first one there, I was surrounded by every other vehicle. She was in a coma for 6 months, woke up, and now, she Thanks me for saving her life. I didn't save her life. I just did what I could. Like I say to my son, "Be Here Now".

This is a hobby, you are excellent at it. It gives me joy looking at what you do. I know it does the same to others. These people suffer for what they do. They are not a part of what we do. They don't have the comradery, sharing, exchange of knowledge, and respect of their peers. Now that sucks! :)

I don't feel the same about companies like Halinski though, which makes people buy $5000 dollars worth of assorted models before they will talk to you. That is why nobody sells their stuff in the U.S. You get a container full of models they can't sell, instead of investing in a U.S. publisher who would publish their works and sell them at a reasonable price. That is also why all their stuff is pirated. There is a whole dirty underbelly to this hobby that disgusted me so much, I decided that I just wouldn't bother with this aspect of it anymore. It is also why I push the FREE aspect of this hobby so much. It's a Hobby. The reason I came here was to help a friend. Now, I feel as if though I have found an "ideal" forum. Everyone is courteous and generous with each other. No one told them to be that way, they just are. As for the occasional interloper, I'm the monster under their bed. :)

P.S. We do have some American retailers that are trying real hard, GREMIR is top on that list to me, ECardmodels is probably next though I don't mean to compare them that way, they kind of have a different agenda, both worthy. I think GREMIR sells higher quality stuff, not to say that ECardmodels doesn't, because they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.