Attention NARA members

C

Catt

Was chatting on Yahoo Messenger this am with Alan Curtis.Alan came up with the idea of a small NARA logo (about the size of reporting marks for your scale) to be used on NARA members locos.

Whatcha think?

Also from my feeble mind ,how about a boxcar? Or some other piece of rolling stock? This would be lettered for NARA and most likely be a per diem car.This would/could be done in several eras to cover all members.

Again Whatcha think?

I need to make a correction here. It was Alan's son Matt who origonally came up with the idea for the NARA loco logo.I lost site of that fact during my conversation with Alan.

By the way neither of these would be a requirement for membership. :)

Small plug forAlan Curtis Models

K.V.Div

May 10, 2001
Shawnigan Lake, B.C. Canada
Visit site
That is a great idea Catt! It looks to be an excellent way to promote the group:cool:
Apart from the locomotive logo, I would like to see one for most peices of rolling stock, provided that there is room on the car for it.
Also, Lets not forget about one for a caboose:)
Cheers!

Terry

That's a fabulous idea Catt. Not only would it bring the entire NARA closer together, but would tie all lines into each other with all our interchanges and track rights. And that rolling stock idea is even better, I'd be proud to display one on my line.
Ed

C

Catt

Val,I've allready asked another member ,but have not heard from him yet. If I haven't heard from him by 4pm Moday (EST time not forum time:D ) I will take you up on your kind offer.

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
Catt
I've been trying to join the NARA for months. I've e-mailed according to the instructions on the website and haven't gotten a response. Am I doing something wrong?

C

Catt

eightyeightfan1,email me (the webmaster) we will get you hooked up.My partner in the site has been having problems.

C

Catt

HEY VAL!!!! :D Been doing some thinking about your offer.I've pretty much decided what I want for the locos (real simple like NARA :D ) but if you would like to take a shot at designing the car logo to give the members a choice I sure wouldn't complain.

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Originally posted by eightyeightfan1
Catt
I've been trying to join the NARA for months. I've e-mailed according to the instructions on the website and haven't gotten a response. Am I doing something wrong?
Sorry if I have messed up somewhere eightyeightfan1 What name did you use when you e-mailed for membership? I try to respond to every e-mail request I get.
Please try e-mailing me again at
matthyro@aztec-net.com
and I will be more than pleased to provide a membership.

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Good idea, indeed! I'll go for the boxcar. Every now and then some exotic per diem car turns up on any freight train, so why not 'NARAX #47' (or whatever) :D

I already own several NMRA convention cars, cars of some famous model RRs (like Whit Tower's ALP), and there is also 'THE GAUGE' boxcar in the pipeline... Not all has to be prototypic, ain't it?

Since I'm proud to belong to the NARA - now this is a really great bunch of model railroaders!!! - I'll gladly show it off on my pike.

However, I did not fully understand the thing with the loco:( :confused: : A 'NARA logo (about the size of reporting marks for your scale)' - what kind of 'reporting marks' of the engine do you mean? I don't quite see a D&RGW K-27 with a NARA logo instead of the Flying 'Rio Grande' on the tender. Should be a little less dominating, shouldn't it?
Oh well, perhaps simply a language problem of a poor yodelling and cheese-eating Swiss :p ;) :D

Ron

C

Catt

Well I don't yodel,but I sure do eat cheese.:D As for the NARA logo on your locomotives ,grab one of your freight cars and look at the reporting marks a.k.a. the road number.This is the size of the logo on your locomotive.It by itself will be nothing fancy just four letters in the lettering font style of your railroad.These letters would usually go just below the road number on the cab of your loco.

A little later on tonight I will post some ideas that Russ Hoffman (rush2ny) has done up for us.

C

Catt

This pic is to show you what I have in mind for the locos

gvrnara1.jpg

Keep in mind that the letter font would/should match the era you are modeling.

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Hi Catt!

Here are some preliminary ideas for the rolling stock logo. I've treated it like it's a RR line in and of itself. Will need to work on the modern logo next - these ones are for steam era. Let me know what you think.

cheers
:D Val

Attachments

• nara2.jpg
    nara2.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 129