Attention card modelers in Southern California.

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by Jim Nunn, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Jim Nunn

Jim Nunn Member

Sunday IPMS-Orange County will be having their annual model show. Information and directions are here

http://216.32.199.25/ipmsoc/OrangeCon/orangecon.htm

This club is VERY Paper friendly and has a contest category just for paper models. Several of the local card modelers will be showing models including myself. (Peter Crow if you are reading this I expect to see you there) If you have never competed in a show don’t let that stop you. You can just display your models and show the plastic modelers what real modeler’s build (I expect to have to dodge some flames for that comment). You do not need to be a member of the club to compete in the contests.

A second reason to come is to see the plastic models. You will see some of the highest examples of the art of modeling and I have never been disappointed by either the quality or the quantity of the models.

I have been thinking of trying to restart our group of card modelers from Southern California. If you do attend IPMS OC please make it a point to stop and chat with me about being a member of our group. If you do not attend and are interested in our group then drop me a note through this forum.

Jim Nunn
  2. Jim Nunn

Jim Nunn Member

Sunday IPMS-Orange County will be having their annual model show. Information and directions are here

http://216.32.199.25/ipmsoc/OrangeCon/orangecon.htm

This club is VERY Paper friendly and has a contest category just for paper models. Several of the local card modelers will be showing models including myself. (Peter Crow if you are reading this I expect to see you there) If you have never competed in a show don’t let that stop you. You can just display your models and show the plastic modelers what real modeler’s build (I expect to have to dodge some flames for that comment). You do not need to be a member of the club to compete in the contests.

A second reason to come is to see the plastic models. You will see some of the highest examples of the art of modeling and I have never been disappointed by either the quality or the quantity of the models.

I have been thinking of trying to restart our group of card modelers from Southern California. If you do attend IPMS OC please make it a point to stop and chat with me about being a member of our group. If you do not attend and are interested in our group then drop me a note through this forum.

Jim Nunn
  3. 72BMWR75/5

72BMWR75/5 Member

good odds

There were only 4 entries in the paper catagory last year and 12 the year before. Not bad odds with 3 prizes. Anyone nearby should go.
  4. 72BMWR75/5

72BMWR75/5 Member

good odds

There were only 4 entries in the paper catagory last year and 12 the year before. Not bad odds with 3 prizes. Anyone nearby should go.
  5. modano1

modano1 Member

I would love to make it to the show, but have other plans already ( I will try to sneak out of it). I would definately be interested in a Southern California paper modelers group.
  6. modano1

modano1 Member

I would love to make it to the show, but have other plans already ( I will try to sneak out of it). I would definately be interested in a Southern California paper modelers group.
  7. cdcoyle

cdcoyle Member

BTW, for any card modelers in SoCal whose primary interest is ships, the Ship Modelers Association (http://www.ship-modelers-assn.org), which meets in Placentia on the third Wednesday of each month, is also paper-friendly. David Okamura is the resident paper guru there and usually has several items of interest to present during the show-and-tell portion of the meeting.

Regards,
  8. cdcoyle

cdcoyle Member

BTW, for any card modelers in SoCal whose primary interest is ships, the Ship Modelers Association (http://www.ship-modelers-assn.org), which meets in Placentia on the third Wednesday of each month, is also paper-friendly. David Okamura is the resident paper guru there and usually has several items of interest to present during the show-and-tell portion of the meeting.

Regards,