Atlas vs Centerline Track Cleaning Cars

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
I(still) have(I'm into HO now) the N scale Centerline Track cleaner. Except being "Unprotypical" looking in appearance, it worked great.
Wish I could find one ine HO.

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Sep 15, 2004
AZ
Do you run DCC? I know the Atlas cleaning car isn't meant for use on a DCC layout.
As far as that goes, are any of these mentioned compatible with DCC? I was under the impression that you needed a seperate decoder just for the cleaning car if operating with DCC.

woodone

Feb 7, 2007
Phoenix, AZ.
The Aztec, and the older Center Line do not use any track power so they would be OK for DCC. I did not have any information on the Atlas unit, so I don't know.

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Sep 15, 2004
AZ
Sorry woodone, I probably could've answered all of those questions just by doing a little homework. I posted a little hastily.

fieromike

May 7, 2007
:???: I need a track cleaning car for a 3x7 N-scale layout. Which is a better track cleaning car, Atlas or Centerline? Which model do you recommend?

I have, and am happy with the centerline car, but I've read that the Atlas car is also very good. If you have, or are considering DCC, there is at least one decoder available for the Atlas car; the Centerline car does not use electricity.

Mike