Atlas Under Table & Code 80

nolatron

Nov 17, 2004
Katy, TX
railroad.sodh.net
wan't able to find this, but is it possible to use the Atlas Under table switch mechanism on code 80 #6 custom turnouts?

And question #2, I know there's something on the under table switches to activate a "secondary accesory" or something, this could be used to turn on a LED right, to indicate the turnout thrown?

How exactly does that work? through switch, "secondary" is turned, close to main, and it's turned off?

Originally going to go for tortoise but thought I'd check on the atlas ones to see if they can do the job just the same. :)

thanks in advance,

Sure you can, Shawn. The "Deluxe" switch machine has a "Snap Relay" built in. :thumb:

This has two separate sets of isolated contacts, just like a double pole switch.
You can use them for indicators and also to power the switch frog. The diagram
supplied with the switch machine has very clear wiring instructions.

The switch machine is intended for no more than 1" total table thickness. If you
have 2" foam you'll have to do some fancy rigging to use these switch machines. :D :D :D

ScottyB

Dec 12, 2004
Mount Pleasant, WI
cidchase said:
The switch machine is intended for no more than 1" total table thickness. If you
have 2" foam you'll have to do some fancy rigging to use these switch machines. :D :D :D
I have just run into this dilemma on my layout. At first I tried attaching a long wire to the top of the throw, which worked a few times, but not consistently enough to be reliable. Any ideas on how to make these switch machines work with 2" foam?

Also, do the tortoise switch machines have a longer reach than 2"? I see loystoys has them for about the same amount as the Atlas Deluxe switch machine.

Scott