Atlas Turnout Controllers

stary

I'm using 3 of these, but I lost 1 of the screws that are used to connect them together. Can I just use 1 screw?

YmeBP

I share in your misery :) i have yet to find the correct size and thread these stupid screws are, and atlas doesn't sell just the screws (at least that i can find anywhere). My only suggestion is to Magyver it, take a piece of 20gauge or 22gauge wire thread it through the hole for the screws on both sides of the controler then put the bus bar (or if you have the spade type just fit them together) then crank the twist tie (wire) down.

That was my hard way. Easy way is solder :). I'd live to find a better way though as i have tons of these thigns that are missing screws.

cidchase

I found a complete screw set for one of these in a box at the museum. PM me, stary, and I'll mail it to you.

Nomad

I have used the wood screws that come with them in place of the machine screw. If your mounting the switch to wood, of course. The only thing is, it ruins the threads on the switch, then you use the wood screw there all the time.

Loren