Atlas Shay

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by billk, Oct 10, 2003.

1. MCL_RDG

MCL_RDG Member

Boys!...

...(and girls)- they're gonna do 'em all eventually- we just might not be around when they do. Get'em while they're hot!

Mark
  2. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Thanks Greg, glad you enjoyed it! :)
  3. Tileguy

Tileguy Member

Love them Moose Horns,Great lil steamer,bet you had fun building it :)
  4. Cinnibar

Cinnibar Member

Gears & Shay's

Geared locos of any kind are really something. I’m curious to know if any of you have rode behind one and what you thought of the experience. My wife and I had the great opportunity to ride behind the "Georgetown Loop" Shay and it was quite an experience. Talk about a racket and volumes of smoke! Going up grade it sounded like it was going 120mph and you could have probably walked beside it. They are really incredible machines.
  5. roryglasgow

roryglasgow Active Member

6. belg

belg Member

I assume that these are all preproduction prices for these units are not available yet ,right?
    Pat
  7. roryglasgow

Right. Some or all of these may be "reserve" prices, and may go up after the model actually hits stores.
  8. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Don't know if it was wise or not but I placed an order for one that is decoder equipped. I wonder what that will come to in Canadian Dollars after exchange, shipping and customs dues.
  9. txcavgr

txcavgr Member

10. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Posted by Robin:
    Don't know if it was wise or not but I placed an order for one that is decoder equipped. I wonder what that will come to in Canadian Dollars after exchange, shipping and customs dues.

About $1700.00 I think Robin :D :D :D Of course that's not counting sales tax! :eek: :eek: :eek: :wave:
  11. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Wow Tyson, I don't want a real full sized one! The price quoted when I got an e-mail will be $174.96 including shipping. I expect with taxes and customs it will cost me around $250.00 CA. Oh well now Canadian companies want our dollar to be lower so US customers buy more Canadian made goods. Go figure:curse: :curse: :curse: Us poor Canadian modellers will have to pay even more for US made stuff like Atlas track
  12. billk

billk Active Member

They also have the same thing (the interactive photo) for their Mogul. Pretty neat!
  13. jsolie

jsolie Member

This isn't going to be any big deal, as I've converted just about all my locos over to MT couplers, but I'm just plain scratching my bald head at this one.

If the photo on Atlas' 360 degree displays are accurate, it appears that the Shay will have Accu-mate couplers and the 2-6-0 will have Rapido couplers.

:confused:

--John
  14. roryglasgow

From what I understand, Atlas purchased the tooling for the Mogul from Micro Ace. My guess is that they didn't want to go through the expense of changing things up to ship the model with Accumate couplers. Fine with me. If I get one, it's going to get an MT coupler, anyway! :)
  15. pomperaugrr

pomperaugrr Member

I just saw the new Atlas Shay, in operation, at the Springfield MA train show. This is a beautiful locomotive. It has very smooth slow speed operation and the drive shaft movement is awesome! It does have accumates on the front and rear! I cannot wait for the release of the DCC equipped version. You have to see this locomotive up close to appreciate it. WOW:eek: :eek: :eek:

Eric
  16. Wyomingite

Wyomingite Member

Hi Eric,

Thanks a bunch for the input on the shay. I have two of the Sugar Pine ordered and can't wait to recieve them. Can't wait to see that drive shaft action to say the very least. Thanks again.

Ron :wave: :wave: :thumb:
  17. belg

belg Member

Guys what's the story on this thing is it out yet or is my LHS blowing smoke up you know where? I've been asking him about it for months and his story is a little different every time I go to the store.
  18. Wyomingite

Wyomingite Member

The Shay is supposed to be out sometime in August. The DDC ones were set back for some reason and a date has been prosponed. Ron
  19. BDC

BDC Member

Atlas has a webpage where they update the status of each announcement they make. They're pretty good about keeping it up to date too.

Go to http://www.atlasrr.com/ and click on 'Order/Ship Dates' on the left hand side of the page.