Atlas Passenger Cars

Sir_Tainly

Jan 15, 2003
Cambridge, England
Visit site
Recently I bought some SP Daylight Passenger cars on Ebay. 3 of these were the horrible Model Power (ex Minitrix) undernourished varieties, but one (the obs car) was an Atlas-Rivarossi. Think the MP cars will have to be replaced, but I'd like to get a few cars to match the Atlas one.

So my question is are the Atlas cars still available? If not when were they around? Which other SP Daylight cars are they compatible with? (i.e. colours length etc)

Thanks

Simon

Ray Marinaccio

Aug 4, 2003
Dewey Az.
Visit site
Simon
I have a 2000 Walthers catalog that shows them sold in 2 sets by Rivarossi. Set #1 was a baggage car, coach and observation . Set #2 was 3 coaches. They listed SP Daylight, Santa Fe and Penn Central. I hope they still make them , I would like to get a few more to go with the 2 PC ones I have.
I have some Minitrix too. Quite a difference.

Lighthorseman

Jul 24, 2002
Out in the sticks
Visit site
Replying For No Good Reason!

Hmmm. Can't really help, I'm afraid. I have a batch of Con-Cor smoothside CN in green and black that I really like. Weird, though. I got them in two separate lots, and the colours don't match.

Other than that...:rolleyes: ...Like I said, I amnae an ower help tae ye. Pass me the Sunday Post, please. :)

CSX6638

Jul 24, 2002
FLORIDA
Visit site
Train World has Rivarossi 3-car N passenger sets with interiors for $14.99 and $19.99 in their ad in the Oct. MRR mag. page 114 lower left, might be what you are looking for. I have purchased from them several times without a problem.

Sir_Tainly

Jan 15, 2003
Cambridge, England
Visit site
Well actually it gives me time to finish the layout to running standards! ;) At the moment it is foam on the back of an old door with wooden side panels. The only work so far has been the river cutting and a bridge.

I have a little side project too which is to build a small layout to run under the Xmas tree. Its only a loop, but will be snow "scenic"ed to hide the artificial Xmas tree legs.

Simon

absnut

Oct 18, 2002
Maine
Visit site
Concor sells a 6 car set of standard passenger equipment. Looking at the design of them, it is my impression that at least 3 of them are the original Atlas designs, combine, coach , and observation. They make a nice looking set, incidentally.

Sir_Tainly

Jan 15, 2003
Cambridge, England
Visit site
Well I already have the Obs car, so I've plumped for a coach, a baggage car, a diner and a parlor car, since as far as I can tell this lets me have something closer to the actual Daylight consist albeit as a much reduced train length.

Simon