Atlas delivering to the UK.

Hi all,

I've ordered some spare parts direct from Atlas, does anyone know how long I should expect to wait before receiving them, given I live in the UK?

Cheers

Simon

PS been waiting only 2 weeks so far not sure if thats enough time to worry yet..given my postie has a habit of leaving parcels outside my front door if i'm not in :(

Simon,
On one occasion, it took 3 1/2 weeks for a private package to reach me. maybe it was too close to Christmas to expect an earlier turnround time.
Normally small packages get here (UK) from the States in 9 days.
However, I wouldn't bank on Atlas shipping within 7 days of them receiving your order. I have no experience of them, it's just a gut feel.
Get worried when 4 weeks expires without a delivery!

Errol

Thanks Errol,

I wasn't so much worried that it hadn't arrived..but infact had arrived, been left outside, and one of my "helpful" neighbours had removed it. Will just have to wait and see, could just have been sent surface mail in which case it may be here in time for Xmas ;)

Once sent a package to New Zealand, via surface mail and it took about 3-4 months to arrive :(

Just to say my parcel arrived today..and indeed postie left it outside..concealled in my plant bed..lucky it didn't rain, and that i saw it..given I don't get home until after dark.

Anyway now I have it I discover that I forgot to order one essential part..and that the body I was going to try and fit..won't :D not my day. Think I'll have to order the rest of the bits, part by part for a full loco. :rolleyes:

*wanders away singing to himself, "built it one bit at a time, and it didn't cost me a dime" *

Simon

Just a quick update, managing so far without the essential part, the nuts that hold the chassis closed. and about the shell that didn't fit..well it met Mr Xacto ;)

Attachments

• gp40m.gif
    gp40m.gif
    12 KB · Views: 40