Atlas Dash 8's *** Warning Lots of Photos!!***

YmeBP

Dec 3, 2006
Southern New Jersey
www.skyersfamily.com
I just got a couple of Atlas Dash's i bought from Combat (jump in on his group buys ... these things are awesome!!!), and i'm floored w/ the level of detail. I haven't had a chance to actually run them yet but boy ... if they run half as good as they look!!!:D

I'm new to model rr'ing i've only been in the hobby for 5 months and my first loco was a regular toystore lifelike, then i got an athearn bluebox, then ... the kato came (again from combat) and that spoiled me hahah now these Atlas's, well that is about it .. i'm spoiled ;).

This isn't quite a review but here are some photo's i've taken of them.

I dunno what that plasticy stuff is but it's really soft and it protects the engine from the lexan box cap.

IMG_0382.JPG

IMG_0383.JPG

What are those tubes on the snow plow called? The wipers are intense, i just noticed that my 6 axle is different in the fron than the 4 axle.

IMG_0384.JPG

this is still the -40B
IMG_0385.JPG

Look at the trucks!!
IMG_0386.JPG

I still can't believe how detailed this engine is
IMG_0387.JPG

IMG_0388.JPG

This is the -40CW
IMG_0389.JPG

The chain is actually free moving links!!!

IMG_0390.JPG

I haven't taken the foam out of the rails yet becuase i have to bring them downstairs :) they look delicate.
IMG_0391.JPG

IMG_0393.JPG

IMG_0394.JPG

CRed

Dec 10, 2006
Duluth,MN
jesso said:
That 871 H3 looks GREAT:thumb: What engine is it, it's cab has some parts that I am looking for, hopefully I can find the cab in N Scale.

If my eyes aren't deceiving me I believe it says it's a C40-8W right on the engine.I knew COMBAT had offered them,but thought the deal was cancelled for lack of interest.I really like the BNSF H3 scheme,looks really nice.

I have a Atlas Master Gold Series UP 8-40C,very nice looking engine with nice detail.I have it on E-Bay now since I bought a BLI UP AC6000CW.

Chris

COMBAT

Oct 28, 2006
Phoenix
This is an HO Atlas engine that I offered in my group buys. You can take the foam out and enjoy the engine. The railings are that delicate. Just carry the engine from the top with your thumb and index finger, or the bottom with your palm. Once you see the engine with the foam gone, and the rest of the details installed it gets even better. Enjoy! :)

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
Nice engines!!

Say, that BNSF Dash 8-40B looks pretty familiar, wait a sec, that was my first engine and I love it to!! :thumb:

Glad to see that you liked the engines, I got 4 engines ordered with Combat right now lol :D :D :D

CRed

Dec 10, 2006
Duluth,MN
YmeBP,hope you don't mind if I post a picture of mine.

tn_Chris.jpg

It's on E-Bay now and if it didn't sell I was going to offer it up on here,but I may just keep it if that's the case since it's so nice.

Chris

Tomytuna

Jan 16, 2007
Box says KATO..why do you say Atlas? I have atlas dash-8 in dcc with sound and i love it, and Kato does make a nice engine.guess I'm just confused...Tom

YmeBP

Dec 3, 2006
Southern New Jersey
www.skyersfamily.com
delete double post my computer had a gassy discharge.

You kidding :) post away!!!!, i live vicariously though the members of the gauge :) hehhee.

I saw this on my saved searches yesterday i wish i had more money to spend :(.

CRed said:
YmeBP,hope you don't mind if I post a picture of mine.

tn_Chris.jpg

It's on E-Bay now and if it didn't sell I was going to offer it up on here,but I may just keep it if that's the case since it's so nice.

Chris

YmeBP

Dec 3, 2006
Southern New Jersey
www.skyersfamily.com
Tomytuna said:
Box says KATO..why do you say Atlas? I have atlas dash-8 in dcc with sound and i love it, and Kato does make a nice engine.guess I'm just confused...Tom

Those two boxes underneath are 2 kato's from Combat's original group buy, i fell in love w/ that particular engine and got one for my son. The engines pictures are atlas :).

YmeBP

Dec 3, 2006
Southern New Jersey
www.skyersfamily.com
COMBAT said:
Look, I am not a drug dealer.... Inside joke. :)

*** Sarcasm and humor ahead ****

Yes, he is .. hell i just signed over my next 14 mortgage payments for some .. Stuff ... hehehe.

I've been on a strict budget since i went to the nmra show in Philly last summer, i save a couple bux each week and when get bonus or expense checks i put it in my pot for train stuff.... then the Pusher shows up. :) now i have access TRAAAAINS .. ;) hehehehe I haven't shaved in 3 weeks, my wife forgot i live here my kids dissapeared w/ me hahahahhaah :) *sniff sniff* yeah .. think i ought to hit the shower today too tooth1.

*** End Sarcasm and humor ****

Honestly :) i appreciate him offering these i wouldn't normally be able to afford this level of quality at regular prices. I put my atlas engines on the shelf last night and i grinned the ear to ear grin when i went into my office again this morning :). THANKS Comat!!!!

CRed

Dec 10, 2006
Duluth,MN
Herc Driver said:
Man those are good looking engines!!! I'd love to get that detail in Nscale.

That and sound is what would keep me from going N-Scale even though it would be much easier for me to model.I look at my T55,Kato and BLI engines and I just don't think I could trade them in for N-Scale stuff.

Chris

COMBAT

Oct 28, 2006
Phoenix
Thanks for the nice comments. :) I am really glad that you are happy with the engines. It was always my goal to bring a high quality low cost engine with I started the group buys. I hope others will take advantage of these buys because for one its a way for me to give back to the community and it makes the prices go lower with the more we buy resulting in bigger savings for all. Thanks again! :)

SeriousSam

Nov 2, 2005
San Antonio
I wish I didnt have to install the grab irons on my N Scale locos. Those look really good. I love the wide cab units. They look more...powerful I guess.

CRed

Dec 10, 2006
Duluth,MN
rogerw said:
I am watching the group buys and would like to get in on some ac6000's (hint hint)
Isn't BLI the only one that does a AC6000 model?In HO anyways?I don't believe COMBAT has ever offered BLI before.

I have the UP AC6000 from BLI,very nice and powerful looking:thumb:

Chris

rogerw

Jun 16, 2006
manhattan ks
well cred you are the one respondsable for me liking the 6000's. I saw yours and said niceeeee. are they a current up engine?