Athearn SD60s!

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
For those that may be interested Athearn has photos of their new RTR SD60s posted.

http://www.athearn.com/Product/Default.aspx?ProdID=ATH91659

http://www.athearn.com/Product/Default.aspx?ProdID=ATH91660

Guys,This seems to be yet another great looking RTR locomotive from Athearn. :thumb: For the bad news..Its getting harder for me to just say no to buying some NS units. :eek: Now,I freely admit the NS is my favorite modern railroad but,still do I need to model another road?. :confused: :D
Sometimes I wish I could start over.

you always need another road :D :D :D

thats one of the reasons i chose the Southern Pacific in the 90's. they were leasing locomotives from just about every railroad in North America.

and then i have my Chicago & Eastern Illinois collection for some unknown reason... :D :D

i think i am going to sell off all my P2K SD60's and get the Athearn models. i prefer the Athearn paint and decal and shell details MUCH more than P2K. and i dont need all these SD60's that i have now anyway.

if you decide to go with NS, i am working on a NS flaired radiator SD70M with the correct cab (if it ever shows up) that i'll sell ya :D

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Alex Its a struggle not to sell off most of my C&O and Chessie units and go with NS..After all NS runs through town and I can look out my kitchen window and watch 'em roll by. With the more common HH GP38s and 40s plus all the other NS units I am interested in-including the Dash8-40C and the SD70s with the Spartan cabs it could be very easy to cave into modeling the NS.Now what makes this dangerous to me is there is a follow club member that wants to model the Chessie and sell or trade his NS units..Yes,this is self imposed dilemma for me.
But,then perhaps a change of era is what I need to get me back into the swing of things.As of now all I want to do is operate my switching layouts.Nothing wrong with that of course. :D