Athearn 85' flat question...

cbuttre835

Jun 9, 2005
Bought a pair of Athearn 85' flats; one for piggyback trailers and one for containers.

Anybody got a picture of how the hitch plate on the piggyback one is assembled? I assume that it is supposed to fold down flat, just can't tell from the grainy Athearn drawing how it goes together - i.e. which way it's supposed to fold.

thanks...

KCS

Nov 23, 2004
Shreveport, LA.
Hold on cbuttre835. I forgot myself because I had a bunch of them also but had to get rid of them because there was no room to run them. I looked around and din't find anything so I contacted Athearn and I'm waiting on a response now. If I had a copy of the directions I could tell you. Just hang tight and let me see what they have to say.

KCS

Nov 23, 2004
Shreveport, LA.
OK, I got a response from Athearn finally. This is from the email they sent me.

"
Please note that we do not have anything on-line. Please let us know what your telephone number is along with a convenient time to reach you and we will try to contact you so we can try to help you with this. Please note that due to the heavy post-vacation e-mail and telephone volume we may not get to your e-mail response very quickly. You can also contact us at (310)-763-7140 ext.123 Monday-Friday 8AM to 4:30 PM, Pacific Standard Time.

Sincerely,

Athearn Trains"