Astro Racers, Blue Flame 2

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Well this will be a quick build thread, The Blue Flame 2 Astro Racer by Jan Rukr. I printed it out only to discover that my new ink cartridges are messed up, it cane out pink...20140212_180010.jpg
but I'll build it anyway.

micahrogers

Staff member
Reporter, "Why did you name your racer 'Blue Flame 2'?"
Racer, "Cause it's my second Blue Flame"
Reporter, "But it's Pink"
Racer, "Razza Frazzin red/blue color Blindness"
Face Palm...

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
Well this will be a quick build thread, The Blue Flame 2 Astro Racer by Jan Rukr. I printed it out only to discover that my new ink cartridges are messed up, it cane out pink...View attachment 125779
but I'll build it anyway.

Micah,

I agree with Paperair it's custom!;) For a "mistake" it works out pretty well.:animated: Thanks for sharing!

Sky Seeker
:tank:

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Take your cartridges out, shake them, and look at your fingers to see which colors are which. :)

micahrogers

Staff member
:) That printer died last year before I moved, currently don't have a printer as I have no where to put one... moved to a much smaller house to save money.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
You can have them printed at Staples, or a friends house, just build them one two!! :)

Print extra sheets!!

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
I purchased a $100 dollar printer that also had a scanner from Walmart. It's an EPSON XP-320, a highly recommended from www.inkproducts.com for reliability, more than good enough for paper models. I got it for $29.99 on an unadvertised sale. Refillable cartridges are available cheap for this printer, it prints in Pigment Ink, which means it resist water enough to do water forming, is unaffected by U.V. rays, and it's prints are Archival, meaning they should last 100 years, (not in direct sunlight, but on a shelf is not direct Sunlight). Keep your eyes out, save the pennies. I recycle every nickel bottle, and harvest scrap metal on my 1200 lb. capacity trailer to get every penny I can get for whatever I made need. People put old steel washing machines and dryers, because they don't work of have upgraded, I ask if I can take them. They always say yes, as I take them for free. One load of those things (4 to 6 unit, depending on size) nets me around $75 to $100 bucks. It costs me $2.50 in gas to go to the scrap yard, and minutes to pick these up. I have a big enough back yard so I can stash the load till I am ready to delivery a bulk load. If you are smart, and separate the aluminum from steel, you get quite a bit more. It can double the price on a lawnmower engine. Those take around 10 minutes to disassemble,, seeing how you don't need to be careful, and I use power tools. :)