Astro Racers - Across The Universe

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
I would epoxy cardboard, like a harness, to hold the magnet to hold it in place. Glues and Epoxy's are mechanical attachments, and can come loose.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
I used to build Laser Cubes used for the alignment of production lines. These things cost $80,000 dollars a piece. The prisms inside where held in by a proprietary epoxy system, I have never see anything like this. However, if you dropped oe of these cubes onto a concrete floor, the prison would break loose. I suggested a simple aluminum bracket, held in with machine screw, and the epoxy was poured over the bracket and the prism. When dropped, the prison no longer broke lose, and there was no evidence that the epoxy had lost it's grip. I believe the bracket adsorbed the initial shock and this allowed the epoxy to continue it's bond. The problem was that the epoxy was so strong, it was brittle, there was an exchange of electrons between the glass and the metal, so when it broke off, the plate and the prism had to be discarded, meaning complete reconstruction of the laser alignment cube. Just another fun fact. ;)

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
I used to build Laser Cubes used for the alignment of production lines. These things cost $80,000 dollars a piece. The prisms inside where held in by a proprietary epoxy system, I have never see anything like this. However, if you dropped oe of these cubes onto a concrete floor, the prison would break loose. I suggested a simple aluminum bracket, held in with machine screw, and the epoxy was poured over the bracket and the prism. When dropped, the prison no longer broke lose, and there was no evidence that the epoxy had lost it's grip. I believe the bracket adsorbed the initial shock and this allowed the epoxy to continue it's bond. The problem was that the epoxy was so strong, it was brittle, there was an exchange of electrons between the glass and the metal, so when it broke off, the plate and the prism had to be discarded, meaning complete reconstruction of the laser alignment cube. Just another fun fact. ;)
That's way too cool! Thanks for sharing this Z!

Sky Seeker
:tank:

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
Another year passed away and we have here a new gift box ;)

http://www.alienspapercraft.com/multiple-update.html

Merry Christmas 2016 for everyone :Drinks:

Alien 99 / Jan,

Once again you've done a VERY nice job!:Bravo::animated::King::King:. Thanks for sharing. The story line for the Robinson series is very interesting. Looking forward to the release of the last 4 in the series on April 2017.

Opět jste odvedl velmi dobrou práci! Děkuji za sdílení. Děj pro sérii Robinson je velmi zajímavá.

Těšíme se na vydání poslední 4 v řadě dubna 2017.

Veselé Vánoce & Šťastný nový rok!!

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!!

Sky Seeker

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Great to hear from you again, Jan! I really missed you.

Geez, these Racers look so cool! :)

My vote:

1. 55 Pure
2. 666 Supernatural
3. 265 Beyond Fantasy

Good luck and have fun! :)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
@Alien99 I too am glad to see you back!

My vote is:
06 - Arrow
666 - Supernatural
265 - Beyond Fantasy
35 - Gear

Once again, welcome back.

Alien99

Papercraft Member
Thanks guys...and don´t forget to vote for topic you prefer on the bottom of the page :)

Last edited:

Alien99

Papercraft Member
here is my fast raw translate:) instead of google traslate...for you best decision :)

55-Pure

the ship is four years in development
and someone of you allready noticed that the shape of the craft is similar to FEISAR from Wipeout Pure game :)

55-medailonek.jpg

89 - Gameboy craft

The shape was taken from the Gameboy DMG-01 game console from nintendo
the project is 6 years old......oh man

89-medailonek_qx3v28x3.jpg

06 - Arrow

The craft of DUNAHILL company was one of the first astro racers back in the 2011 ever drawn.
in past 7 years I´ve redesigned it 2 times :headbange:

06-medailonek_f6g3610a.jpg

666 - Supernatural

I am a fan of Supernatural series and I love this (Impala) car, so I´ve decided to create it´s variation for Astro Racers.
.....5 years old project.:(

666-medailonek.jpg

28 - Gerhart Gruber

Another craft from the first sketches of astro racers.....7 years old project.

28-medailonek_qq11ate3.jpg

265 - Beyond fantasy

this ship was adopted from the poster of PAPER FANTASY 2010, so
technically this ship is the oldest astro racer here ...allmost 8 years

265-medailonek_rjw48rmg.jpg

123 - Prometheus module

This is the module of the spaceship from the great czech comic "revolt of brains (1974)"
..the project is 5 years old

123-medailonek.jpg

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
here is my fast raw translate:) instead of google traslate...for you best decision :)

55-Pure

the ship is four years in development
and someone of you allready noticed that the shape of the craft is similar to FEISAR from Wipeout Pure game :)

89 - Gameboy craft

The shape was taken from the Gameboy DMG-01 game console from nintendo
the project is 6 years old......oh man

06 - Arrow

The craft of DUNAHILL company was one of the first astro racers back in the 2011 ever drawn.
in past 7 years I´ve redesigned it 2 times :headbange:

666 - Supernatural

I am a fan of Supernatural series and I love this (Impala) car, so I´ve decided to create it´s variation for Astro Racers.
.....5 years old project.:(

28 - Gerhart Gruber

Another craft from the first sketches of astro racers.....7 years old project.

265 - Beyond fantasy

this ship was adopted from the poster of PAPER FANTASY 2010, so
technically this ship is the oldest astro racer here ...allmost 8 years

123 - Prometheus module

This is the module of the spaceship from the great czech comic "revolt of brains (1974)"
..the project is 5 years old ]

Fantastic!! :animated:
Looking forward to building your creations master builder!:) Love the wipeout models as well!:Drinks:

Sky Seeker

Alien99

Papercraft Member
The first questionaire is somehow reseted into previous day state.....so if you´ll have a little time, please look there again :)...sorry for that :(
The second one is OK.

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
The first questionaire is somehow reseted into previous day state.....so if you´ll have a little time, please look there again :)...sorry for that :(
The second one is OK.

Maybe something is lost in translation. What questionnaire are you referring to?

Sky Seeker

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
On the website! http://www.alienspapercraft.com/anketa.html Click on the name of the craft in the window on the right... Chrome won't translate as everything is in blocks...

Thanks Gandolf! So many to choose from so little time! Personally my vote is for #265 - Beyond Fantasy.

265-medailonek_rjw48rmg.jpg

Though my favorite one is not on the list at all it's #26 Hans Berg. See below lower left hand corner.

all-racers-s.png

#35 Gear is pretty neat as well.
35---Gear.jpg

Though really I like them all. Jan's really creative. His work is incredible and his models are fun to build. Great weekend builds.

Sky Seeker

Alien99

Papercraft Member
The questionnaire is about the most finished astro racers...(70~85% of total) ...HANS BERG 26, GEAR 35, TRAX 97 are in the textuing stage-in the middle of the project...
They will b in the next questionnaire in the future maybe.....:)