Aston Martin DB9

Discussion in 'Commercial & Civilian Vehicles' started by rangi01, Jul 1, 2009.

1. rangi01

rangi01 New Member

Hello All,

I thought that I'd like to share the project that I have been working on recently. My Brother loves the Aston DB9 and so I thought that I'd make him one. Having seen Cornell's fantastic rendition I promptly down loaded it and started to build.
    Keeping in mind I'm a noob at this, this only being my second Card model (1'st being a wonderful concorde) but I am an experienced plastic kit modeller.
    Any way the first thing that struck me as I started with the wheels was the quality of the design and execution that Cornell achieved. I really must take my hat off to him, it is a beautiful thing to know that as long as I make my cuts straight and true, everything will fit perfectly. Thank you Cornell. :thumb:
    I was a little surprised not to see more builds of this model but as I got into the build I found that for a newbie the instructions were a little vague but with patience everything could be worked out.
    So I thought, and I hope that Cornell does not mind, I would do somewhat of a tutorial of how I built this excellent model and maybe fill in some of the blanks.

I started with the wheels as mentioned and put them together as per the instructions except part no's M46 which I placed at the other end of M38 and used only 1 of on each wheel.
    [​IMG]
    Although not visible in this picture M46 is behind the brake disc.

Next the Chassis and wheel wells, everything went together well here with no major issues apart from for the life of me I could not figure out what to do with part no M10, I finally figured that you fold it up to make the strakes of the rear splitter, I just left it off 'till later at this stage.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I will post more soon.

Cheers Shane.
  2. rangi01

rangi01 New Member

Continuing the build...

Complete the wheel wells, fold up the supporting boxes and glue in place.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next the interior support
    [​IMG]

Chassis completed (almost) with the tops of the front wheel wells removed
    [​IMG]

And I almost forgot... M10 folded and ready to add to the rear of the chassis. I think that I'm using slightly thinner paper (100gsm) because M10 is slightly smaller than M9 when all folded up. I amd going to have a think about this and will probably add it in the final stages.
    [​IMG]